Changing Name and tag for Existing Guild

Vengelis.3975

Any chance of getting a kit for changing an existing guild name and tag to something else, much like for the Name Change Contract? I don't own a guild hall, only unlocked 3 tiers of guild storage. Would hate to abandon the the hard-earned storage just to have a name and tag change since I unlocked them solo. It would be nice to also have a tag that is the same and unify all 5 guilds.

• Like 1

The guild leader has to submit a ticket via support in order to change the guild name and tag. I'm not sure how likely it is they will help, whether it can only be because of a security breach or mis-spelling, as I've never tried it. But the ticket is the only way. I'm not sure something in the Gem Store would be a productive way of doing it, as unless it's only sellable to the guild leader, it could be open to abuse. And if it's only sellable to guild leaders, it would be too niche to warrant ArenaNet implementing it I think. Hope this helps. :)

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I have done this through support. They asked me to provide a list of names and tags I wanted. (in case the one I wanted was taken) and they changed it to the first available in the list. They were fast and helpful in the process of the name change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1