First Time Super Adventure Box

Hello all,

So, finally got my Necromancer/Reaper to do world compeltion/Core story (92 hours total), and I couldn't decide what to do after that, I was originally going to create another character, despite me not having any mastery points past 18, or having touched the Living Stories/Expansions outside of what little I did on my Renegade, where i initially got bored of the jumping stuff, and soon after left to make my Necro/reaper. When I just decided to give Super Adventure Box a shot, considering there's only 2 days left.

Now, I remember SAB when it came out, and having barely touched it, not remembering a whole lot of it either, but this time, I decided to really give it a shot. So, I threw up an advertisement in LFG, just to see if most people run this solo., or in a group. I suppose a couple others joined me, and one person in particular basically ran me through the entire thing, since I'm not really an Achievement person type, I said Ok (shout out to Felcioud).

We ran through World 1, Zone three which is where I last started off, from my previous attempt solo, got outside the boss room, and the person told me they'd go and get a "Glitch". I still have absolutely no clue where they went, but was soon after told it's how you obtain glitch boxes, which I read on the forums, of having a rare weapon drop or something.

Interestingly enough, I was looking at the weapon skins, and thought about making an Engineer, as I was pretty sure they can use a shield and pistol, I could be wrong... Either or, I was looking at the shield, and it actually looked pretty neat.

Well......

cpNQW0O.jpg

That's what I got after killing the Frog. Suppose it's my "Monster Hunter Luck" kicking in. My friends usually hate me in that game as well, because I get absolutely everything they're looking for usually first attempts as well.

Don't want to sound like I'm bragging, I just thought it was interesting, the thing I was thinking of buying once I had enough Baubbles, popped up first successful run (only failed the boss once before).

And then Felcioud ran me through World 2, where I didn't get nothing. Just baubbles.

Anyways, this event is kind of fun, I did ask the person who ran me through it if the SAB maps were different from year to year, they said it's the same maps. Which is kind of disappointing if that's true, because, I actually enjoyed this, especially the Super Mario Bros 2 (Waterfall Log level) Level.

Now I suppose I need to start exploring this mode for real to find the "Glitches", or google them, one of the two. Now I want the Boom Box.

Congratulations! Now I'm jealous, I've run that zone daily on 1-3 accounts and no shield for me :) .

That said, there are several versions of the shield, the regular blue "super shield" that you can buy at the vendor, the glitched shield that is much the same but has a special animation occasionally (storywise it's a hologram that's glitching every now and then), plus green, yellow, orange, and red versions that you can gain via tribulation mode and dailies. Check the links at the bottom of this wiki page to find the colour variant collections, and the main SAB wiki page for general info.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

There haven't been any new levels or worlds released for SAB for a long time, but there's a lot of stuff in each level and even using guides it would take quite a while to get through it all. I play it at least a bit each year and there's still achievements and items I haven't got yet. If you enjoyed what you've done so far I recommend taking the time to try doing levels by yourself, exploring and see what you can find along the way. Or check out the achievements and see which ones appeal to you.

@"Rasimir.6239" said:Congratulations! Now I'm jealous, I've run that zone daily on 1-3 accounts and no shield for me :) .

That said, there are several versions of the shield, the regular blue "super shield" that you can buy at the vendor, the glitched shield that is much the same but has a special animation occasionally (storywise it's a hologram that's glitching every now and then), plus green, yellow, orange, and red versions that you can gain via tribulation mode and dailies. Check the links at the bottom of this wiki page to find the colour variant collections, and the main SAB wiki page for general info.

So the Red version is the rarest one?

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

There haven't been any new levels or worlds released for SAB for a long time, but there's a lot of stuff in each level and even using guides it would take quite a while to get through it all. I play it at least a bit each year and there's still achievements and items I haven't got yet. If you enjoyed what you've done so far I recommend taking the time to try doing levels by yourself, exploring and see what you can find along the way. Or check out the achievements and see which ones appeal to you.

The person who ran me through it, pretty much said I'd missed out since the chests are daily, and I didn't really start doing it until I was bored (yesterday), it's no particular big loss to me, and was fun the first time around. However, hard to believe they haven't added anything new in a while. Doesn't it just get boring, and repetitive after a while?

Bump!

6Llh6Nk.jpg

Second run through of Zone 1, all 3 stages. Thought I'd keep a record of what I actually got, due to those whole "Roll Back" issue, which seems to be going more viral the the Covid-19, at least on these forums.

Not sure what the roll back is doing exactly, or if I'm going to lose my two glitched weapons, maybe Anet can do something about that, maybe not. Either or, my "Monster Hunter Luck" is continuing to work it's magic. Dunno what I do with that super box though, won't lemme double click it.

(Also youtubed the glitch locations.... shame..... SHAME!!!!)