Anet not aware of rollback issue? - Anet is aware, posted and will update as they know more

I also have to agree with Dying Oblivion, seen too many cases where valid concerns were replied to with a forum banishment and thread deletion.

If you want to see something even worse though, go browse the frontier forums for Elite Dangerous. There I've been banished for not agreeing with a community manager on what counts as "valid pvp" :D

My god, people are pretending as if Anet would have to go out of their ways to keep the community (or better: paying customers) informed asap. I was working for a TINY internet service provider here in Germany when we stil had analogue internet access only and I worked night shifts and vacation times like Chrstmas and New Years Eve - to help get people online, not just for reporting incoming server problems. And that provider was really tiny. That minimum of customer service can expected from Anet. Generally, their customer service is far too slow.

This is a complete outrage! I don't care about BS virtual items or gold my time worth more than that. I want my account to be restored as it was this morning. This never happened in any other video games I played. I even get pissed off losing 10 minutes save games in doom due to dieing and not F6ing then imagine losing 2 days of progress.

There is no point of playing now either because if hey do decide to restore things as they were then they will overwrite everything you do from this point. They should rather keep the whole system shut down for couple of days not like this. Even another 5 lvl80 account boosters as a "compensation" could not cope with my time wasted. Not impressed at all ... :#

If they plan to fix it and do a rollback to a more recent backup, then why the h... is it still possible to log in. First thing they should do is shut down the game on eu servers until it is fixed. Unless they think a huge gap like this isnt an issue......I have been working as db admin for many years and it is shocking to see the lack of info. And ofc they have alarm systems for this and start the work even at night. Yes it is a game, but it is still a production system.

This is not "just a game". This is a product - albeit a virtual one - that Anet expect to generate revenue 24/7. So they should provide support 24/7. Get a decent customer service center involved and work out some escalation routines. Put someone in charge of community care. And learn how to communicate and to perceive people playing games not as "gamers" but as customers. BTW that's the self perception we also should have. Imho the word "gamer" is an insult.

@"ElvenTree.9628" said:This is a complete outrage! I don't care about BS virtual items or gold my time worth more than that. I want my account to be restored as it was this morning. This never happened in any other video games I played. I even get pissed off losing 10 minutes save games in doom due to dieing and not F6ing then imagine losing 2 days of progress.

There is no point of playing now either because if hey do decide to restore things as they were then they will overwrite everything you do from this point. They should rather keep the whole system shut down for couple of days not like this. Even another 5 lvl80 account boosters as a "compensation" could not cope with my time wasted. Not impressed at all ... :#

Oh bless.

It is likely that the two days lost are really lost, because if there was a rollback, that mean there was a crash, and so the server reverted to the most recent stable backup. They cannot revert something already reverted. The things they can do is reapply the logs, but don't expect it for tomorrow.

This is super frustrating., I agree, Gundahar. And frustration is the very least thing a customer shoulfd feel about a product. This whole situation has been piling up over years, not just because of the Corona virus crisis. GW 2 has Performance issues since I started playing it in mid 2017. And from this day on we are told that thoroughly upgrading the engine "doesn't pay". That's quite something in the ears of a customer. "Doesn't pay".Perhaps what happened now is a bit of a wake up call for Anet to finally do something about the technical issues of the game. I somehow feel that what happened now is serious. Though that's just speculation my side.

Do you know what kind of shitstorm that would cause? If it's actually all gone? I spent over 30 hours playing this weekend as I had a rare weekend off and my GF worked long shifts. I also bought over 20k gems for various ends with 8k remaining on my account when I went to bed.

If they dont fix it, then I expect a massive compensation for the time and funds lost.

@"tretmuehlenverweigerer.4385" said:This is super frustrating., I agree, Gundahar. And frustration is the very least thing a customer shoulfd feel about a product. This whole situation has been piling up over years, not just because of the Corona virus crisis. GW 2 has Performance issues since I started playing it in mid 2017. And from this day on we are told that thoroughly upgrading the engine "doesn't pay". That's quite something in the ears of a customer. "Doesn't pay".Perhaps what happened now is a bit of a wake up call for Anet to finally do something about the technical issues of the game. I somehow feel that what happened now is serious. Though that's just speculation my side.

Honestly, after reading all the topics about this issue, alot of people lost legendaries or gems, so my frustration basically faded, as it is undeserved. They lost way more than me. But nevertheless all of us spamming with such topics won't help some say, yet this is how protests take place. So yes, i think its not wrong to raise your voice. Theres alot of issues with the game, for years now, that haven't been adressed properly or at all.Its just a game in the end, but a game where people invest money and time, and i speak this not in my name, but in the name of those that lost huge amounts of gold, gems or legendaries.Meanwhile, i shall wait for aNet to adress and solve this. Theres still faith.

@Gundahar.2765 said:

@"tretmuehlenverweigerer.4385" said:This is super frustrating., I agree, Gundahar. And frustration is the very least thing a customer shoulfd feel about a product. This whole situation has been piling up over years, not just because of the Corona virus crisis. GW 2 has Performance issues since I started playing it in mid 2017. And from this day on we are told that thoroughly upgrading the engine "doesn't pay". That's quite something in the ears of a customer. "Doesn't pay".Perhaps what happened now is a bit of a wake up call for Anet to finally do something about the technical issues of the game. I somehow feel that what happened now is serious. Though that's just speculation my side.

Honestly, after reading all the topics about this issue, alot of people lost legendaries or gems, so my frustration basically faded, as it is undeserved. They lost way more than me. But nevertheless all of us spamming with such topics won't help some say, yet this is how protests take place. So yes, i think its not wrong to raise your voice. Theres alot of issues with the game, for years now, that haven't been adressed properly or at all.Its just a game in the end, but a game where people invest money and time, and i speak this not in my name, but in the name of those that lost huge amounts of gold, gems or legendaries.Meanwhile, i shall wait for aNet to adress and solve this. Theres still faith.

I agrre with you almost completely, but "it's just a game" is just something that I don't understand. I live in Germany, and over here soccer is one of the most important things in the entire country (don't ask me why). A whole industry is connected to it, politicians make use of it to raise their popularity, people are committing their entire lives to it, there are nation wide celecbrities among the players. Noone says: "It's just a match." But when it comes to PC games, even we as the people who like that stuff are talking it down. We need to build more self esteem in that regard. It's our hobby, and it's as important as any other hobby that has become socially accepted.

"How doing with the rollback? Not fixed yet?"I think you will ask the same thing for a couple of days.

So what if you would wake up one day and find that you lost 2 digits from the end of your bank account balance because the bank rolled back all accounts to a month earlier. Surely that would be a Super Adventure Box day :)