Personal Target System

Would it be possible to implement a targetting system separate from the party target call-out, visible only to each player? It'd be really useful to be able to put a target on top of an unit without needing to share it with the rest of the team, like when you're 1v1ing a mesmer and you need to keep track of the real one but don't want to pull target from your team fighting at mid, or just to keep track of where your pet is as a ranger in the middle of a teamfight.FFXIV has one of those and it's real handy, I saw it and figured GW2 could really use it, especially in pvp.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:it would be a nice qol addition but nothing really major, you should be able to track mesmer through clones at all times, exept for stealth, and that doesnt really help with stealth.

Being able to track it doesn't always help. A lot of the times when you're manually clicking the mesmer you're still getting clones targeted because they are often positioned in front of the mesmer. Kinda sucks when you want or need to hit them with a single target skill.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:it would be a nice qol addition but nothing really major, you should be able to track mesmer through clones at all times, exept for stealth, and that doesnt really help with stealth.

Being able to track it doesn't always help. A lot of the times when you're manually clicking the mesmer you're still getting clones targeted because they are often positioned in front of the mesmer. Kinda sucks when you want or need to hit them with a single target skill.

I will give you a pro tip, you can change target DURING cast time of ability, so even if you start on the clone you can move it onto mesmer.im using base controlls and for me its righ mouse click, its really easy to do and get used to and its SUPER good to make use off, practice on golems and after a while you will do it without even thinking.Its even good to start casting on a target in range, and use it on another target that was out of range the moment you started but walked into range the moment you finished

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

I will give you a pro tip, you can change target DURING cast time of ability, so even if you start on the clone you can move it onto mesmer.im using base controlls and for me its righ mouse click, its really easy to do and get used to and its SUPER good to make use off, practice on golems and after a while you will do it without even thinking.Its even good to start casting on a target in range, and use it on another target that was out of range the moment you started but walked into range the moment you finishedThanks. I've only been doing that for uh, 7 or so years.

It still doesn't change the fact that you often have to spamclick like a madman until you get the real mesmer properly targeted.

I mean it's not a big problem and I spam the team wide target anyway if I end up fighting a mesmer. I couldn't care less if it messes up things because someone was using it to keep tabs on a Thief or roaming dps somewhere else on the map.