Please don't do this

@Danikat.8537 said:Agreed. They're getting more hate for trying to fix the problem than they did when it happened. Should have just restored progress lost over the weekend and left it at that.

Now I understand why other companies do the bare minimum to get their game back online and leave it at that, in spite of forums full of people crying out that they deserve (usually disproportionate) 'compensation' for having to wait to log in to a game. It's just not worth the trouble.

Actually, other companies, just give equal compensation to everyone regardless of login state.When this happened in BDO, they gave a reward to everyone, i got that reward even though i had been inactive for months, and just logged in to collect it.Warframe had issues, they gave the same boost to everyone that logged in during a period after the issue.

Arena Net's GuildWars 2, gives stuff to the people that actually make the issues worse by trying to play KNOWING there was a problem. I didn't login during that day, because i was forewarned by a friend that did login and realized the rollback had happened, and barely played the day after because the servers were still inconsistent. And for all that, i'll probably get a community boost, which, honestly, is bound to gather dust in my bank with the other dozens of never-used boosts...Honestly, we lost 2 days of play, just in daily logins, that's 4 gold... Lets not speak other stuff... And we get a community boost for our patience, while the impatient ones get a 1000 gems reward.

I'd still take the 1000 gems instead of the voucher though, because, lets face it, Arena Net could hardly be more out of touch with this decision. Since that specific reward only works for PoF owners, and a chunk of the playerbase only own HoT or Core game (paid core is the issue specifically).

i'm not even going to go into rabbit holes of the servers having been noticeably sluggish since Thursday evening (i've been joking about Amazon sabotaging other games with the upcoming launch of their own), and if or not the rollback could have been avoided.

Anyway, this is just another addition to the list of cons for buying the next expansion, along with Mountgate (which lets face it, changed nothing, since Anet is Autistic to their majority base, and the Whales keep on whaling), lack of effective balance (which has improved a bit recently, but still, 2 years to get PoF classes almost right, is too long), the failure to deliver on promises (WvW is still plagued with bandwagoning, and i haven't seen an update on the Worlds rebalance for a while), etc.

@George.9745 said:Looks like they listened. I didn't get anything and I like it more this way, even if I was logged all the time. Funny how those who got it, brag in LA like some kind of heroes who got compensations for their hard work while it's those who did not log in that were the ones who supported and let the staff do it's job. Whatever. It's not like aNet was ever capable of taking the right decisions for the community. As a game, it's awesome but community wise...sometimes I really feel abandoned by them.

QFT

@Danikat.8537 said:Agreed. They're getting more hate for trying to fix the problem than they did when it happened. Should have just restored progress lost over the weekend and left it at that.

Now I understand why other companies do the bare minimum to get their game back online and leave it at that, in spite of forums full of people crying out that they deserve (usually disproportionate) 'compensation' for having to wait to log in to a game. It's just not worth the trouble.

Compensating players for potential losses and/or inconvenience is a really nice gesture, and very much worth the trouble. All you need to do is be smart about it. If you're giving out freebies, you give them to everyone. Any other solution is bound to cause backlash and outcry.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Actually, other companies, just give equal compensation to everyone regardless of login state.When this happened in BDO, they gave a reward to everyone, i got that reward even though i had been inactive for months, and just logged in to collect it.Warframe had issues, they gave the same boost to everyone that logged in during a period after the issue.

Arena Net's GuildWars 2, gives stuff to the people that actually make the issues worse by trying to play KNOWING there was a problem. I didn't login during that day, because i was forewarned by a friend that did login and realized the rollback had happened, and barely played the day after because the servers were still inconsistent. And for all that, i'll probably get a community boost, which, honestly, is bound to gather dust in my bank with the other dozens of never-used boosts...Honestly, we lost 2 days of play, just in daily logins, that's 4 gold... Lets not speak other stuff... And we get a community boost for our patience, while the impatient ones get a 1000 gems reward.

I'd still take the 1000 gems instead of the voucher though, because, lets face it, Arena Net could hardly be more out of touch with this decision. Since that specific reward only works for PoF owners, and a chunk of the playerbase only own HoT or Core game (paid core is the issue specifically).

i'm not even going to go into rabbit holes of the servers having been noticeably sluggish since Thursday evening (i've been joking about Amazon sabotaging other games with the upcoming launch of their own), and if or not the rollback could have been avoided.

Anyway, this is just another addition to the list of cons for buying the next expansion, along with Mountgate (which lets face it, changed nothing, since Anet is Autistic to their majority base, and the Whales keep on whaling), lack of effective balance (which has improved a bit recently, but still, 2 years to get PoF classes almost right, is too long), the failure to deliver on promises (WvW is still plagued with bandwagoning, and i haven't seen an update on the Worlds rebalance for a while), etc.

@George.9745 said:Looks like they listened. I didn't get anything and I like it more this way, even if I was logged all the time. Funny how those who got it, brag in LA like some kind of heroes who got compensations for their hard work while it's those who did not log in that were the ones who supported and let the staff do it's job. Whatever. It's not like aNet was ever capable of taking the right decisions for the community. As a game, it's awesome but community wise...sometimes I really feel abandoned by them.

QFT

Meh, I got my mount so why would I care

I don't think they thought this trough.Myself and many others logged out almost immediately to try and be helpful and not cause a bigger problem. What they've done now by only giving the mount to those who stayed online is send the idea that whenever there is a server issue in the future, everyone should flock to the server so they don't miss out on anything which can't be a good thing.

Meh, I got my mount so why would I careWell, since you started the thread, more than Arena Net will, because, lets face it, them not admitting their mistakes is as much an Arena Net signature move as is making tone-deaf decisions like this one.

There is no point in fighting for the right thing as long as even the affected people don't do it. So again, why should I, who got a mount license for nothing care about those that are affected by the reward system if even those who are affected don't mind being spit in the face? Yes, I started the thread but the people that commented convinced me that I should enjoy it and not have a voice.

What am I reading? Everybody impacted by this issue should get the same compensation if there is one. Their phrasing was something like "we are investigating ways how to compensate players for the DOWNTIME". Downtime, not progress lost. In worst case, you would lose around 6 hours progression (even though that means you would be aware of something being wrong since you were online when the game crashed). In 6 hours, with the best farming methods you can win around 150 golds during that time while 1200 gems are worth around 400 golds.Lots of people were not able to play at all, progress is not everything in a game, while others actually you know played the game.Last time when they did a manual rollback because of issues after a release they did not compensate anyone and I agree with this. But if you choose to compensate why complicate things and create frustration when your goal is the complete opposite.

@"Akronox.8251" said:What am I reading? Everybody impacted by this issue should get the same compensation if there is one. Their phrasing was something like "we are investigating ways how to compensate players for the DOWNTIME". Downtime, not progress lost. In worst case, you would lose around 6 hours progression (even though that means you would be aware of something being wrong since you were online when the game crashed). In 6 hours, with the best farming methods you can win around 150 golds during that time while 1200 gems are worth around 400 golds.Lots of people were not able to play at all, progress is not everything in a game, while others actually you know played the game.Last time when they did a manual rollback because of issues after a release they did not compensate anyone and I agree with this. But if you choose to compensate why complicate things and create frustration when your goal is the complete opposite.

For the downtime all players were compensated with the bonfire.

@"Akronox.8251" said:It can be part of m point, why give an extra mount to a limited amount of people?Because I logged in to get my daily rewara at that day and I lost it. So I got additional compensation. The mount license.I mean .... others should just be happy they did not login. Imagine they also had lost their daily login reward. They would cry a lot now.Daily login reward is worth more than the 1200 gems worth mount license. So it is good that I got a lil bit compensation at least.

Edit: And for those that don't notice. I use sarcasm on purpose. But others that belive the current situation is okay just actually belive that for real ... that some daily login reward (or you could log in and not even get the rward) is worth a lot and means "progress".

@Luthan.5236 said:

@"Akronox.8251" said:It can be part of m point, why give an extra mount to a limited amount of people?Because I logged in to get my daily rewara at that day and I lost it. So I got additional compensation. The mount license.I mean .... others should just be happy they did not login. Imagine they also had lost their daily login reward. They would cry a lot now.Daily login reward is worth more than the 1200 gems worth mount license. So it is good that I got a lil bit compensation at least.

Edit: And for those that don't notice. I use sarcasm on purpose. But others that belive the current situation is okay just actually belive that for real ... that some daily login reward (or you could log in and not even get the rward) is worth a lot and means "progress".

Bruh please, I spent 1 hour climbinig that tower in LA to lead people with my tag in mass suiciding. I deserve that skin. Stop crying, mmmkay?