What do you miss from GW that you would like to have in GW2?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Showing the attack/skill being used by an enemy as it is being casted. They only sort-of do that in GW2 with the glowing aura on lesser enemies, and typically switching to a break-bar for bosses. Would still be nice to see the name of the attack and a progress bar showing the cast time. In particular for battles with tons of PCs around, you can sometimes hardly even see the enemy to know what's happening.

A second dance emote that is profession-specific. For example, typing /dance2 and instead of doing the Norn dance, I would do the Guardian dance.

@"Cynder.2509" said:The hero system as this is a fine way for social anxious and paranoid players like me to not actually be "forced" into a group of random strangers who judge every little mistake you do even if you're a veteran and of course fail conditions from missions. I know the fail conditions can be frustrating but it gives you at least a good opportunity to plan and organize before rushing brainless into the mission. Also bonus missions would be fine and I still hope that Cantha may be coming back someday even if there are a mass of hints saying it won't. Another thing I value from the hero system (or hero and henchmen system since heroes weren't a thing before henchmen) is that you can build actually nice stories around your character and group from their adventures. Oh and perhaps the Realm of Torment but I doubt it will be the same since it was a lot "creepier"/"more disgusting" originally and the GW2 version will be toned down (just like necro minions and some creatures) into cotton candy and fluff then.

Oh, I forgot something. Sorry if this looks messed up because I did write this when I was in kind of a hurry but I felt like responding to it.The messaging preferences so that not everyone can message you if you've set the preferences to friends only. For someone so shy, anxious and paranoid like me this tool is somehow an asset. There are sure more points I could list but I can't recall everything at this moment except the trading system.

i spent thousands of hours in gw1, while maybe A thousand in gw2.i miss clearing a area in HMFoW/UWgoing on farm runs for greens and for random gold dropsthe dual systemcaping elitesthe way healing work(gg prot monks still not many games have healing like that)the many types of pvp(4v4, 8v8 12v12 GvG)urgoz and the other one luxonsorry the list can keep going on, let face it anet droped the ball on gw2 and disappointed its fans

Archived