Bridging The Divide

@Marn the wanderer.4230 said:Just an Idea I have and I didn't see anyone talking about it, but how allowing cross world visiting us/eu/asia for pve content like dungeons and visiting a friend who may have a overseas account. Also transcontinental guilds can now do guild runs together. Unite the world Guild Wars 2 style

Since its 3 diffrent data centers are you willing to pony up 3 diffrent account purchases to have your data stored on all 3 diffrent data centers?Even if they allowed this you would have to progress the account when ever you login to each data center aswell so that eternity you crafted on your eu account well its locked there so you bet you have to do it on the other two aswell.Unless they start charging a data transferal fee bettwen the senters unsure how much that would be each months maybe 10 bucks is a good price abit cheaper then other mmos fee to play.

@Marn the wanderer.4230 said:you can already visit any american server if you have a US account for free. The same for other accounts overseas. I was just suggesting that we apply this visitation ability between servers to extend to overseas, thus keeping the same account but allowing overseas guildies to visit us or we can visit them.

Innovation never came by saying no, but how can we make it work

@Marn the wanderer.4230 said:

@Marn the wanderer.4230 said:you can already visit any american server if you have a US account for free. The same for other accounts overseas. I was just suggesting that we apply this visitation ability between servers to extend to overseas, thus keeping the same account but allowing overseas guildies to visit us or we can visit them.

Innovation never came by saying no, but how can we make it work

We could make it work if we had jobs at ANet.

It's unlikely there will ever be a mingling of 'Asia' accounts (Chinese version of GW2) and EU/NA, as that version is different than ours.It can take up to 30 minutes to transfer data from the EU data center to the NA data center. I'm unsure how many players would want to wait that long, nor embrace the possibility of losing all their account data in the transfer.

(Some of the reasons the Devs have stated why mingling of EU/NA accounts aren't featured.)

@Fueki.4753 said:I remember having this option in GW1.While that structure problem is different, both games run the same engine.It shouldn't be impossible.

That said, I wouldn't U.S.A. server chats to be flooded with tongues I cannot understand.

They aren't the same engine. They might have been the same at some point in time but certainly not after 7 years.

Even if everything was still the same GW2 simply has more data to move around.