Promises were made once again...yet

Like everyone else I love gw2 pvp I think the mechanics and combat system is arguably the best in my opinion in the current mmo market. I feel that Anet need to take a long hard look at themselves though and realize that you simply cannot make promises anymore like they did a couple of months ago, "more balance updates in pvp, more fixes, dedicated pvp teams" etc.

Sounds wonderful yes sir im all for it lets see it in action...

Two months later promises are broken essentially once again and the situation is basically the same as it has been for the last several years. Obviously the pandemic stopped things from progressing but the bottom line is this...I work remotely from home to via pc and other then some re-organizing in the space of a couple weeks this should not be an issue anymore.

In my opinion this is no longer an excuse for broken promises and honestly its very easy to type out a sentence and say were going to do it, at this point in the games life cycle I would like to see action rather then just words.

Breathe life into the game there are people who play it that adore it and Anet's relentless silence about this is clearly an indication of indecision of what to do next once again and is counter productive on so many levels.

Mota proved there is still big interest in this mode why not use this a spring board to make pvp an all round vibrant environment.

Ur surprised? The mis-manage gw2 and provide nothing but lack of developmental support ie way to infrequent meaningful updates, contant that feels rushed, half a$$ed and shallow time after time. After some time send a paragragh or two to lift players spirits and expectations back up and the players eat it up. They deliver shortly after somewhat than go back to business as usual and repeat cycle.This game will be interesting to see where it is in 2021.

@Poledra Val.1490 said:Mota proved there is still big interest in this mode why not use this a spring board to make pvp an all round vibrant environment.Mota proved that teapot/Roy and the community have more passion for PvP than anet !Maybe some devs (the ones who donated money) still would be passionate as well, but there seems to be no budget by their bosses anymore.PvP is in the corner.Maybe its days are counted or maybe balancing should become a community driven project.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Poledra Val.1490" said:Like everyone else I love gw2 pvp

I don't think a very small minority counts as "everyone".

Im posting this thread in the sub-forum of pvp when i say "everyone" i am referring to pvp players since the vast majority who read this section are pvp players. Obviously not everyone in the game will love gw2 pvp, clearly.

Contrary to what people want to believe - PVP is not anywhere near as popular as other game modes in gw2.

The same can be said for many other titles as well with similar problems.

PVP players for some reason continue to think they are this huge player base in the current landscape of mmos but truth is we are not. We are the minority.

I happen to enjoy pvp but I do realize when it comes to development resources we are at the bottom of the food chain.

At the end of the day GW2 is not really a pvp centric game no matter how much we want it to be.

@"Poledra Val.1490" said:Like everyone else I love gw2 pvp I think the mechanics and combat system is arguably the best in my opinion in the current mmo market. I feel that Anet need to take a long hard look at themselves though and realize that you simply cannot make promises anymore like they did a couple of months ago, "more balance updates in pvp, more fixes, dedicated pvp teams" etc.

Sounds wonderful yes sir im all for it lets see it in action...

Two months later promises are broken essentially once again and the situation is basically the same as it has been for the last several years. Obviously the pandemic stopped things from progressing but the bottom line is this...I work remotely from home to via pc and other then some re-organizing in the space of a couple weeks this should not be an issue anymore.

In my opinion this is no longer an excuse for broken promises and honestly its very easy to type out a sentence and say were going to do it, at this point in the games life cycle I would like to see action rather then just words.

Breathe life into the game there are people who play it that adore it and Anet's relentless silence about this is clearly an indication of indecision of what to do next once again and is counter productive on so many levels.

Mota proved there is still big interest in this mode why not use this a spring board to make pvp an all round vibrant environment.

I honestly feel bad for players who are hooked on this abusive relationship.

Wish the balance team would do their job, you have ppl in the forums essentially doing their homework for them and yet nothing happens.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Ur surprised? The mis-manage gw2 and provide nothing but lack of developmental support ie way to infrequent meaningful updates, contant that feels rushed, half a$$ed and shallow time after time. After some time send a paragragh or two to lift players spirits and expectations back up and the players eat it up. They deliver shortly after somewhat than go back to business as usual and repeat cycle.This game will be interesting to see where it is in 2021.

Well right now we are back to where we were in 2012 with the weird ass bunker meta when they FAILED HARD in esports, so i guess by 2021 the game will feel like it is back in 2013 lol.