I am really amazed! Although a little bit late.

Hello Anet,

Last few months I've spent most of my free time playing Lineage II (the good old grindcore, not the new P2W sh*t). But all things com to an end and so I finally had time to re-return to GW2, as I annually do with each new release. Imagine my shock, when I realized that nothing really changed for me!

I mean initially I was skeptical about the artificial scarcity of mastery points in the story sequence and funny achievements but boi was I wrong. Soon I had realized how astonishing the idea of locking not one but two of those mastery points behind everyone's favorite content (Strike missions) was. Ingenious! I mean raids after all are the least enjoyed content for most of the community not because they are generally unfun with strict matchmaking a rules to follow but because of the lack of exposure! It's not like there is a legendary armor locked behind them so you are eventually forced to play them - especially with new templates generally being tweaked towards that. We all know how hard it is to balance fun with excitement in Guild Wars 2 world. If only there was a great example of how to achieve such balance. Maybe in some form of early world dungeons that were beloved by most of the community. It also made me wonder why do we even bother getting those masteries in other ways? You might also want to consider moving all of the masteries into strike missions for the next episode!

When I started looking over mastery-granting achievements I was short of being ecstatic. I never realized that before but there were so many Netflix shows I didn't yet bingewatch during playing Lineage II and now I had this new opportunity to finally catch up. Of course Lineage with it's exp loss on death penalty was never the most welcoming platform for this activity but in Guild Wars I needn't to worry about that, due to lack in-game death impact. Also it's almost needless to say that I reached absolute top of my excitement when I realized that my "1" key will finally reach the wear level of my left mouse button that I've had since playing cookie-clicker.

It didn't take me much longer to find out the last surprise and everyone's favorite feature, time-gate. This time present in form of soft lock to number of maximum obtainable treasure keys (pun definitely not intended). This time serving the great non-balance or anyhow player-serving purpose of spreading playtime thin over several days. I mean who wouldn't love being told how long they should play, we are all children in heart after all. Due to these newly found time constraints I had much more time and craving for some sweet new cash-only stylish weapons and clothing that I'd flex on my happy fellow meta squadmates. I mean it's easy to impress others with your character assets after all. Well, considering everybody has brand new 1500$ computer that runs this 7 years old game perfectly and allows you to have character models/quality set to high due this game's generous FPS and overall great performance. I myself enjoyed each of these glorious frames as they were my last, on my 144hz monitor.

So again, thank you for this opportunity to re-return to GW2 with the next soon to be released episode and see you then!

EDIT: Also note that due to essence of Lineage 2 grind I might've been overly generous in some of my aforementioned points as I could watch light bulb for hours now, if it changed color that is.

The Wiki is a treasure trove of information.
Try https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cache_Keyor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Icebrood_Saga_mastery_tracks and: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#The_Icebrood_Saga_mastery_points

Twelve Mastery Points are needed for No Quarter and 16 available. (Two from Strike Missions.)Thirty-three MPs needed for IceBrood Saga and 39 available (so far). (Four, including the two above, from Strike Missions.)

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:The Wiki is a treasure trove of information.

Try https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cache_Keyor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Icebrood_Saga_mastery_tracks and: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks#The_Icebrood_Saga_mastery_points

Twelve Mastery Points are needed for No Quarter and 16 available. (Two from Strike Missions.)Thirty-three MPs needed for IceBrood Saga and 39 available (so far). (Four, including the two above, from Strike Missions.)

Even though your point is correct, I don't think the op was looking for help. The entire post is a wall of sarcasm after all..

Thanks for additional info, I am aware of that in fact. I just felt this whole season could be more generous with mastery points - see PoF.

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:You played garbo lineage and complain about mastery's you didn't have to do in a strike mission that wasn't that hard. I give you a F for F off      ____      |           You           |  —l           (--)          l —> The Joke

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

Try
or:
and:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:You played garbo lineage and complain about mastery's you didn't have to do in a strike mission that wasn't that hard. I give you a F for F off      
____
      |           You           |  —l           (-
-)          l —> The Joke

Wasn't funny wasn't interesting. Was a pointless rant so I gave you an F since you seemed to want to be graded now It's obviously over my head.

You do you pal.

@Uzunari.1964 said:

Try
or:
and:

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:You played garbo lineage and complain about mastery's you didn't have to do in a strike mission that wasn't that hard. I give you a F for F off      
____

Wasn't funny wasn't interesting. Was a pointless rant so I gave you an F since you seemed to want to be graded now It's obviously over my head.

You do you pal.

that doesn't even make sense - what are you, some comedy bot in early alpha?

@Algreg.3629 said:

Try
or:
and:

____

You do you pal.

That I won't stress over a guy who didn't get the point? The guy that came up with some narrative that he pulled out of his kitten? Also what do you not understand about "you do you"?

@Algreg.3629 said:

Try
or:
and:

____

You do you pal.

Naa. Those bots are playing PvP right now.

@Uzunari.1964 said:

Try
or:
and:

____

You do you pal.

That I won't stress over a guy who didn't get the point? The guy that came up with some narrative that he pulled out of his kitten? Also what do you not understand about "you do you"?

Yeah, people who write up a doctoral thesis whining about video games and then respond to every criticism always come across as so nonchalant. Logically, they shouldn't. But somehow they always do. All cool as a cucumber here!

@Uzunari.1964 said:

Try
or:
and:

Thanks for additional info, I am aware of that in fact. I just felt this whole season could be more generous with mastery points - see PoF.

____

And the Cache Keys? No lock on how many purchased.The 'season' isn't over; we can't foretell how many 'extra' MPs there will be.