Gear/Stats Fire weaver for WvW?

Force.2841

I saw on Metabattle how they went celestial for the most part for their fire weaver roaming build. I had my own set that gave me more toughness, condi dmg, healing power etc. While the metabattle only really gave more Power. Which left me wondering why would you need more power for a condi build and it might be a bad choice to go celestial.

I also saw how some guy went for a grieving set to get some expertise in the build at the cost of power from what a celestial set would give.

So would it be correct to say the metabattle build is a poor choice to follow seeing as power is lacking from sword/focus, as you really look to burst with primordial stance rather than use a skill that uses power to be your main damage.

What set would you guys require or what stats would you say are the most important for a fire weaver roaming build.

Ele is a hybrid class and as such will always benefit from all stats, especially when it comes to pvp where you can benefit from hybrid nature of damage. As for every roaming/solo build in this game, it's all pure preference. You test it and see how it works for you.

Because Fire and Weaver lanes also give power, ferocity and dmg buff; and because your mains Burning skills could also deal a lot of "power" damage.Like #2 sword, pyro-vortex, twin strike, fire aura-transmute etc. It is not wrong to equip some power/precision even if you're condi focused Elem (and for all classes anyway).

@Force.2841 said:I saw on Metabattle how they went celestial for the most part for their fire weaver roaming build. I had my own set that gave me more toughness, condi dmg, healing power etc. While the metabattle only really gave more Power. Which left me wondering why would you need more power for a condi build and it might be a bad choice to go celestial.

I also saw how some guy went for a grieving set to get some expertise in the build at the cost of power from what a celestial set would give.

So would it be correct to say the metabattle build is a poor choice to follow seeing as power is lacking from sword/focus, as you really look to burst with primordial stance rather than use a skill that uses power to be your main damage.

What set would you guys require or what stats would you say are the most important for a fire weaver roaming build.

I disagree with metabattle on this one. I think celestial is a poor damage set and fire weaver builds don't get enough damage contribution from power to pull off playing hybrid. You end up giving up both damage and sustain for power stats that do basically nothing for you. I like Trailblazer for fire weaver. I've run it with some plaguedoctor before, but honestly it feels to me like toughness/vitality give better sustain than healing power for fireweaver.

Edit: I should clarify that I am referring to the standard fire/arcane setup. I can't rule out the possibility of a fire/air hybrid weaver. It's just that I think that in order to get any sort of damage from power out of weaver you need air.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Force.2841 said:I saw on Metabattle how they went celestial for the most part for their fire weaver roaming build. I had my own set that gave me more toughness, condi dmg, healing power etc. While the metabattle only really gave more Power. Which left me wondering why would you need more power for a condi build and it might be a bad choice to go celestial.

I disagree with metabattle on this one. I think celestial is a poor damage set and fire weaver builds don't get enough damage contribution from power to pull off playing hybrid. You end up giving up both damage and sustain for power stats that do basically nothing for you. I like Trailblazer for fire weaver. I've run it with some plaguedoctor before, but honestly it feels to me like toughness/vitality give better sustain than healing power for fireweaver.

Edit: I should clarify that I am referring to the standard fire/arcane setup. I can't rule out the possibility of a fire/air hybrid weaver. It's just that I think that in order to get any sort of damage from power out of weaver you need air.

Yeah that was my thought. I went the metabattle build and all I noticed was my power went up by 700 but everything else dropped by a bit. I think I might try a grieving set to add some expertise in there.

@steki.1478 said:Ele is a hybrid class and as such will always benefit from all stats, especially when it comes to pvp where you can benefit from hybrid nature of damage. As for every roaming/solo build in this game, it's all pure preference. You test it and see how it works for you.

Yeah but a sword/focus ele in my opinion can't really take advantage of power stat. We have very few attacks that can make use of Power stat and that can even burst at that. Our main burst comes from either ccing the enemy or hoping hes too dumb to know how primordial stances works and standing in place while fire is stacking on them. On average I would say my highest hitting attack is somewhere between 2k with 5k being really rare.

In no way are we going to burst like other classes if we go celestial stats, so might as well go a more condi focused set no?

@Force.2841 said:

@steki.1478 said:Ele is a hybrid class and as such will always benefit from all stats, especially when it comes to pvp where you can benefit from hybrid nature of damage. As for every roaming/solo build in this game, it's all pure preference. You test it and see how it works for you.

Yeah but a sword/focus ele in my opinion can't really take advantage of power stat. We have very few attacks that can make use of Power stat and that can even burst at that. Our main burst comes from either ccing the enemy or hoping hes too dumb to know how primordial stances works and standing in place while fire is stacking on them. On average I would say my highest hitting attack is somewhere between 2k with 5k being really rare.

In no way are we going to burst like other classes if we go celestial stats, so might as well go a more condi focused set no?

Someone already mentioned strong power based skills above. Even a random 5k crit can surprise enemy and force cooldowns or just down him in addition to burst from burns. With nerfs to damage you're no longer reliant on heavy defensive stats (already heavy on evades, barriers and arcane sustain dont scale that great with healing power; vitality and toughness are great, but you dont really need that much of it) so eventually you'll want gear that gives power as well, it's just not your main focus.