Non Instance Story Joining

@kharmin.7683 said:Personal stories are instanced content. You can join your friend, but you will be in their instance. You will not gain any progress in your own personal story. I'm not sure what your concern is about your current character?

Oh, I’m not concerned, I just wanna use this character instead of making a new one (silly I know)

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:Personal stories are instanced content. You can join your friend, but you will be in their instance. You will not gain any progress in your own personal story. I'm not sure what your concern is about your current character?

Oh, I’m not concerned, I just wanna use this character instead of making a new one (silly I know)

You can join their story instance no problem aslong as its not the same story step your on and you accept credit, you will not be affected in anyway.

@Linken.6345 said:

You can join their story instance no problem aslong as its not the same story step your on and you accept credit, you will not be affected in anyway.

That I know, I’m wondering if I can join their quest outside an instance and also have the tracker there

@ChampionMasquerade.5283 said:

That I know, I’m wondering if I can join their quest outside an instance and also have the tracker there

OP, not really sure i get you clear but as what others are saying:

you both have to be in the same place at the same time,if it's an open world thing: both of you have to be on the same zone/map to experience it together.if it's an instanced story or dungeon/fractal/etc.: both of you have to be in it to experience it together.

if it's your personal story, you progress - your friend doesn't ||| if it's their personal story, your friend progresses - you don't.

For the open world parts you will not see their green circles or interactable objects unless you are on that story step as well. However you can swap over to their story (albeit only at the beginning of the story section they are on, so you might have to play a bit to catch up to the open world part). To be safe, complete the story section you are in -- doesn't have to be all the way to the current end of LS, just the end of one section. Then activate the story your friend is on, accept that you "may lose some progress" (you'll be fine), and proceed. When ready to return to your own story, activate the section you're on.

Personally I prefer to not do all that and simply accept that I can't see their open world markers. I just follow them along, killing stuff that gets in their way, until they reach the next instance. It helps that I've run most stories enough times that I have a good idea of where they need to go, and if I'm not sure and they are stuck I ask them to tell me what their UI text says they need to do next so as to jog my memory. If that fails, I bring up the Wiki walkthrough.

@"Donari.5237" said:For the open world parts you will not see their green circles or interactable objects unless you are on that story step as well. However you can swap over to their story (albeit only at the beginning of the story section they are on, so you might have to play a bit to catch up to the open world part). To be safe, complete the story section you are in -- doesn't have to be all the way to the current end of LS, just the end of one section. Then activate the story your friend is on, accept that you "may lose some progress" (you'll be fine), and proceed. When ready to return to your own story, activate the section you're on.

Personally I prefer to not do all that and simply accept that I can't see their open world markers. I just follow them along, killing stuff that gets in their way, until they reach the next instance. It helps that I've run most stories enough times that I have a good idea of where they need to go, and if I'm not sure and they are stuck I ask them to tell me what their UI text says they need to do next so as to jog my memory. If that fails, I bring up the Wiki walkthrough.

How did I forgot that you could restart episodes. (Thank you)