Necromancer-specific Guild [X-Post]

Zero Solstice.9754

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:Are you guys like the necromancer version of [Teef] and [kitten] (the mesmer version)?

More or less, like [kitten]

With a bunch of knowledgeable players who will help with builds and teach others about the profession? :o

Yup, if you have questions of any Necromantic sort, there are people that can help you. I'm hoping to get the guild as active as possible, so that everyone can entertain/do things with each other whenever they want.

@Zero Solstice.9754 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:Are you guys like the necromancer version of [Teef] and [kitten] (the mesmer version)?

With a bunch of knowledgeable players who will help with builds and teach others about the profession? :o

Yup, if you have questions of any Necromantic sort, there are people that can help you. I'm hoping to get the guild as active as possible, so that everyone can entertain/do things with each other whenever they want.

Gotcha. [Teef] and [OMFG] are in an unofficial alliance. If [DEAD] is okay with it, they could join it if they want. Some of the leaders of [OMFG] are friends of mine and we are members of one another's guilds. We just join in each other's discussions and talk about balancing between professions for now. Maybe once alliance tools are made we'll do more proactive things.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Gotcha. [Teef] and [kitten] are in an unofficial alliance. If [DEAD] is okay with it, they could join it if they want. Some of the leaders of [kitten] are friends of mine and we are members of one another's guilds. We just join in each other's discussions and talk about balancing between professions for now. Maybe once alliance tools are made we'll do more proactive things.

I don't call guild mine, cause it's not mine, it's ours, so I wouldn't really want to make the decision on my own as to whether or not any form of merger should take place. I'm not averse to the idea personally, as it can easily increase the amount of activity in the guild, so long as the interaction remains generally positive and anti-toxic.

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

Gotcha. [Teef] and [kitten] are in an unofficial alliance. If [DEAD] is okay with it, they could join it if they want. Some of the leaders of [kitten] are friends of mine and we are members of one another's guilds. We just join in each other's discussions and talk about balancing between professions for now. Maybe once alliance tools are made we'll do more proactive things.

I don't call guild mine, cause it's not mine, it's
ours
, so I wouldn't really want to make the decision on my own as to whether or not any form of merger should take place. I'm not averse to the idea personally, as it can easily increase the amount of activity in the guild, so long as the interaction remains generally positive and anti-toxic.

Oh its not a merger at all. [Teef] and [OMFG] are separate but some of our members are in both guilds so that when there is dialogue happening we can give our input as a main from another profession. That's really it. :P

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

ours
, so I wouldn't really want to make the decision on my own as to whether or not any form of merger should take place. I'm not averse to the idea personally, as it can easily increase the amount of activity in the guild, so long as the interaction remains generally positive and anti-toxic.

Oh its not a merger at all. [Teef] and [kitten] are separate but some of our members are in both guilds so that when there is dialogue happening we can give our input as a main from another profession. That's really it. :P

Yeah, I have no complaints, but I'm not sure if the other members want to keep the guild "pure" if you know what I mean. I'll ship you an invite if you want one and we'll see what happens.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:I never got an invite, are Power Reapers not welcome in a Necro Guild?

You've definitely got an invite waiting, give it another check

Will do.

So do you think we could clear raids with a full Necro team? I'd say one or two Minion Master Tanks with Vampiric Pressence in Power, 2 straight support Scourges with Harrier Gear and the rest a mix of Condi Reapers and Condi Scourges?

I'd like to live my dream of replicating my Blood Death Knight tank.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:I never got an invite, are Power Reapers not welcome in a Necro Guild?

Will do.

So do you think we could clear raids with a full Necro team? I'd say one or two Minion Master Tanks with Vampiric Pressence in Power, 2 straight support Scourges with Harrier Gear and the rest a mix of Condi Reapers and Condi Scourges?

A full-Necro raid is on our list of things to attempt, we just need to thinktank a comp, find enough people, and make time to do it, although with the recent hard-nerfs to Scourges DPS there is an honest possibility that any number of Necromancers simply doesn't have enough damage to clear bosses out.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Will do.

A full-Necro raid is on our list of things to attempt, we just need to thinktank a comp, find enough people, and make time to do it, although with the recent hard-nerfs to Scourges DPS there is an honest possibility that any number of Necromancers simply doesn't have enough damage to clear bosses out.

We could use that as proof that we're not viable at least.

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Will do.

Now this should be even possible with scourge as support. I don't think full run was doable before only with Reapers. I would be up for something like that.@Oldirtbeard.9834Necro always was viable...

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Will do.

2 bloodmagic scourges as supports, 6 condi reapers, and 2 power reapers.Vuln is generated by the power reapers.Might is generation will be distributed. (each condi reaper has BiP + scourge torch#5)Decimate Defenses means that the lack of spotter and fury from druids is irrelevant.We wouldn't have quickness, alacrity, EA, or banners.

Such a comp should be able to clear bosses, however the DPS is going to be much lower.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Will do.

2 bloodmagic scourges as supports, 6 condi reapers, and 2 power reapers.Vuln is generated by the power reapers.Might is generation will be distributed. (each condi reaper has BiP + scourge torch#5)Decimate Defenses means that the lack of spotter and fury from druids is irrelevant.We wouldn't have quickness, alacrity, EA, or banners.

Such a comp should be able to clear bosses, however the DPS is going to be much lower.

Seems reasonable, we'll give it a go at some point

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

@Zacchary.6183 said:

ours

Oh its not a merger at all. [Teef] and [kitten] are separate but some of our members are in both guilds so that when there is dialogue happening we can give our input as a main from another profession. That's really it. :P

Yeah, I have no complaints, but I'm not sure if the other members want to keep the guild "pure" if you know what I mean. I'll ship you an invite if you want one and we'll see what happens.

That works. Send me an invite and I'll talk with my friends in the Mesmer Forum guild and see if they are interested.

Archived