Seriously considering coming back

Celawien.2643

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:Wait wait wait.. @InvaGir.9158, HoT DOES NOT automatically come with LWS3 - that is a separate purchase, since OP can't unlock the story steps.

I don't remember buying LS3 =\I think I got it automatically with HoT.

I know you can buy LS2 though

LS3 is not automatically included with HoT. It was free for all players that logged in during each episode. If you didn't log in during each episode you will have to buy them. To the OP, they offer a PoF + HoT bundle for less than if you buy them on their own. PoF does not include HoT. Again for LS2 and LS3 if you didn't log in while they were live, you will have to pay for that as well if you want them.

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:No, you didn't unlock LWS3 with HoT - that was a separate unlock when Season 3 was originally launched.

Alright I checked it in the wikia so my mistake.Since you didn't play before LS3 came out you will have to buy it as seperated content but its after HoT if you want to know.

I will fix the post:PThanks @DebraKadabra.5278

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:

@DebraKadabra.5278 said:Wait wait wait.. @InvaGir.9158, HoT DOES NOT automatically come with LWS3 - that is a separate purchase, since OP can't unlock the story steps.

LS3 is not automatically included with HoT. It was free for all players that logged in during each episode. If you didn't log in during each episode you will have to buy them. To the OP, they offer a PoF + HoT bundle via the web store for less than if you buy them on their own. PoF does not include HoT. Again for LS2 and LS3 if you didn't log in while they were live, you will have to pay for that as well if you want them.

I didn't have to buy LS2 and I haven't checked LS3 yet, when I bought both xpacs.

But ls2 definitely unlocked.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:

@InvaGir.9158 said:

LS3 is not automatically included with HoT. It was free for all players that logged in during each episode. If you didn't log in during each episode you will have to buy them. To the OP, they offer a PoF + HoT bundle via the web store for less than if you buy them on their own. PoF does not include HoT. Again for LS2 and LS3 if you didn't log in while they were live, you will have to pay for that as well if you want them.

I didn't have to buy LS2 and I haven't checked LS3 yet, when I bought both xpacs.

But ls2 definitely unlocked.

Then you logged into the game when those episodes were live. Even people without HoT that logged during each episode still unlocked LS3 for free should they buy the expansion in the future. If not it was a major bug and you are very lucky. There is no other way to unlock LS2 or LS3 for free than having logged in while they are active.

When are Veteran players going to realize that Expansions and LW Seasons are not the same thing :3

But then according to Anet ....Q: Do I need to own Path of Fire to play future content releases?

A: Living World Season 4 episodes and raid releases will require Path of Fire to play. The raids released during Season 4 may use both Path of Fire and Heart of Thorns masteries. As long as you log in while a Living World episode is live, you’ll still unlock it for free and can play it after you upgrade your account.

Expansions

US$30 = Cost of Path of Fire. Includes PoF story, mounts, and Crystal Desert

$30 = Cost of Heart of Thorns. Includes Gliding, HoT story, and Heart of Maguuma maps.

US$50 to buy them both together.

Living World

LS2 = no new maps, 8 new stories, collection for Mawdrey I & II (a back skin and an 'eater' of bloodstone dust). Same costs per episode (free or 200 gems). 1280 gems if bought as a bundle

LS3 = 6 new maps and 6 new stories, and lots of easily farmable stat-selectable ascended trinkets. Free if you logged on while it was live. Otherwise each episode costs 200 gems (under 60 gold) or 960 gems (under 460 gold). Requires HoT.

LS4 = tbd. Will also be free if you simply logon while each episode is live (otherwise, yup, same 200 gems per episode). Should be out in a few months (my personal prediction: January). Requires PoF.

@JustTrogdor.7892 saidThen you logged into the game when those episodes were live. Even people without HoT that logged during each episode still unlocked LS3 for free should they buy the expansion in the future. If not it was a major bug and you are very lucky. There is no other way to unlock LS2 or LS3 for free than having logged in while they are active.

You're right. just checked, I made a mistake. I played LS2 before I took a break. But.. I recently, like a few days ago bought both xpacs and have started playing LS3.This was definitely locked before I bought the xpacs. (As I hadn't logged in in two years). And no, I did not buy the LS separately.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

Expansions

• US$30 = Cost of Path of Fire. Includes PoF story, mounts, and Crystal Desert
  • $30 = Cost of Heart of Thorns. Includes Gliding, HoT story, and Heart of Maguuma maps.
  • US$50 to buy them both together.

Living World

• LS2 = no new maps, 8 new stories, collection for Mawdrey I & II (a back skin and an 'eater' of bloodstone dust). Same costs per episode (free or 200 gems). 1280 gems if bought as a bundle
  • LS3 = 6 new maps and 6 new stories, and lots of easily farmable stat-selectable ascended trinkets. Free if you logged on while it was live. Otherwise each episode costs 200 gems (under 60 gold) or 960 gems (under 460 gold). Requires HoT.
  • LS4 = tbd. Will also be free if you simply logon while each episode is live (otherwise, yup, same 200 gems per episode). Should be out in a few months (my personal prediction: January). Requires PoF.

tl;dr If you have not played or logged in during LS2 and LS3 and want PoF + HoT and all LS seasons:

$50 for PoF + HoT bundle. + 2240 Gems to buy LS2 (1280 gems) and 3 (960 gems). So you will need to buy at minimum 1600 gems that cost $20 plus another 800 gems that cost $10 for a total of 2400 gems . Or you could buy 2800 gems for $35 which saves you nothing but will leave you few more gems to use later. So in total if you missed everything, want PoF and HoT plus all LW seasons 2-3 it will cost you $80. Of course there is still the option of gold to gems as mentioned above to pay for the season episodes.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@JustTrogdor.7892 saidThen you logged into the game when those episodes were live. Even people without HoT that logged during each episode still unlocked LS3 for free should they buy the expansion in the future. If not it was a major bug and you are very lucky. There is no other way to unlock LS2 or LS3 for free than having logged in while they are active.

You're right. just checked, I made a mistake. I played LS2 before I took a break. But.. I recently, like a few days ago bought both xpacs and have started playing LS3.This was definitely locked before I bought the xpacs. (As I hadn't logged in in two years). And no, I did not buy the LS separately.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps you are confusing access to the HoT personal story with LS3? They are very different things. Do you have access to the story including Bloodstone Fen, Ember Bay, Bitterfrost Frontier etc? If so and if you didn't log in while those episodes were live and didin't purchase them but you still have access that is a bug that should be reported. As stated the only way to unlock LS2 or LS3 for free is by logging in while they are live.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_3

Logging into any date between the two listed would unlock the related episode for free (as opposed to buying it in the Gem Store). You can unlock the episodes even if you do not own Heart of Thorns, but you must have the expansion in order to play them.[1] The dates are as follows:

Out of the Shadows July 26, 2016 – September 18, 2016Rising Flames September 19, 2016 – November 20, 2016A Crack in the Ice November 21, 2016 – February 7, 2017The Head of the Snake February 8, 2017 – May 1, 2017Flashpoint May 2, 2017 – July 24, 2017One Path Ends July 25, 2017 - September 21, 2017

Wow and I thought this was just a simple answer, lol sorry guys. I stopped playing a few years ago so I really have no idea where I left off other then I do have a level 80 Mesmer. I think it was around the time that WOW Pandaria came out and went back to that. Stuck in WoW Legion now and it's just boring me. So I thought I'd either revise SW:TOR, Rift or GW2.

Archived