PoF Problems

bucko.6075

I'm sorry if this subject has already been posted. I did a search for "pof + bad or problem or suck" and got no returns.

These are the things I feel need to done to make the PoF areas easier to play. I'm not asking for easy, just less difficult. ANet supposedly 'fixed' Orr at one point so the problems I see are not beyond the possibility of being fixed.

1) Thin out the mob packs a bit.2) Shorten the leashes of the mobs.3) Shorten the aggro range of the mobs.4) Nerf the enemy NPC fire users a bit - especially the "Officers".5) Do something to the Mirage's heal ability and the Deadeye's Kneel ability (2 stacks of Aegis, maybe) - they are almost useless with the AoE spam that the enemy NPCs use - or nerf the AoE spam of the enemy NPCs.6) Tone down the enemies' CCs. There is way too much knocked down/stunned time.7) Nerf some of the Bounties or relabel them. There are some Champs that are tougher than Legendaries and some of the Legendaries are impossible with groups that should be large enough to take down a Legendary. This is the root problem with "scaling". If a Vet gets scaled up then it's not a Vet anymore it's an Elite or higher and so forth.

I'm not suggesting extreme changes to any of the above - some subtle tweaking would be fine.

FWIW: I have all of the mounts unlocked and am working on the last Griffon Mastery. I can get through the zones and survive, but it's a little more tedious than it needs to be. I'm not going to get into a pissing contest about how I need to "git gud" I am merely posting here so that hopefully an ANet employee will look at this and consider it. Help us Gaile Gray, you're our only hope. XD

@bucko.6075 said:These are the things I feel need to done to make the PoF areas easier to play. I'm not asking for easy, just less difficult. ANet supposedly 'fixed' Orr at one point so the problems I see are not beyond the possibility of being fixed.

1) Thin out the mob packs a bit.2) Shorten the leashes of the mobs.3) Shorten the aggro range of the mobs.4) Nerf the enemy NPC fire users a bit - especially the "Officers".5) Do something to the Mirage's heal ability and the Deadeye's Kneel ability (2 stacks of Aegis, maybe) - they are almost useless with the AoE spam that the enemy NPCs use - or nerf the AoE spam of the enemy NPCs.6) Tone down the enemies' CCs. There is way too much knocked down/stunned time.7) Nerf some of the Bounties or relabel them. There are some Champs that are tougher than Legendaries and some of the Legendaries are impossible with groups that should be large enough to take down a Legendary. This is the root problem with "scaling". If a Vet gets scaled up then it's not a Vet anymore it's an Elite or higher and so forth.

Mobs density is fine. Mind your surroundings. Desert should be dangerous.You are in warzone, or in hunting grounds... Why would fauna or soldier not chase you?Have to agree, some NPC ar overtuned.No. Mirage heal and Deadeye is fine. Learn to adapt and move in combat, because stationary combat style is not suited in those zones.Get stun breakers.Bounties get hard because of random mechanics, not because of health pools or something else

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@bucko.6075 said:These are the things I feel need to done to make the PoF areas easier to play. I'm not asking for easy, just less difficult. ANet supposedly 'fixed' Orr at one point so the problems I see are not beyond the possibility of being fixed.

Mobs density is fine. Mind your surroundings. Desert should be dangerous.You are in warzone, or in hunting grounds... Why would fauna or soldier not chase you?Have to agree, some NPC ar overtuned.No. Mirage heal and Deadeye is fine. Learn to adapt and move in combat, because stationary combat style is not suited in those zones.Get stun breakers.Bounties get hard because of random mechanics, not because of health pools or something else

have you ever seen a desert in real life?the biggest dangers are thirst, heat and coldGW2 deserts are crammed with mobs, its hard to find a place without themit doesnt make sense , and its simply not fun

Archived