Rune of Mirage vs Rune of Undead vs ???

Veprovina.4876

Which is better from theese two?

Mirage rune gives torment per successful evade, Undead gives % of toughness as condi damage. Works great with Trailblazer's.Kinda doing a budget version of a roaming Mirage so i'm wondering what to get.Or is there something better? Any suggestions?

I used to run Undead runes and i was satisfied with them.But Mirage runes are basically the same but cheaper? What's the damage difference if you lose that 7% toughess conversion?

What about Rune of the Sunless? Jaunt will then give Fear and Torment right?Good? Bad?

What do you use?

Any thoughts?

@"knite.1542" said:Not enough information here to tell you what is "better".Post your build

Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiyAcqZlRweYXMEmJe0XtveA-zRJYkR3fhkZI0bC0RFo3FJI2DGA-e

Disregard the malign infusions, i probably won't be getting those. Those are there for theorycrafting.So, pretty tanky with Trailblazer's, and Chaotic Transferrance converitng some of that tankyness into condition damage and duration.I used to run Undead runes on a simmilar build, to get more condition damage. Worked wonders.But now i'm thinking maybe something else idk...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"knite.1542" said:Not enough information here to tell you what is "better".Post your build

Something like this:

Disregard the malign infusions, i probably won't be getting those. Those are there for theorycrafting.So, pretty tanky with Trailblazer's, and Chaotic Transferrance converitng some of that tankyness into condition damage and duration.I used to run Undead runes on a simmilar build, to get more condition damage. Worked wonders.But now i'm thinking maybe something else idk...

My recommendation is tormenting runes.

@knite.1542 said:

@knite.1542 said:Not enough information here to tell you what is "better".Post your build

Something like this:

Thanks, but i'm kinda weary of anything that extends duration because in WvW, tons of everyone have condition clense. So that duration won't do me much good if they outright negate it. And since mirage doesn't apply many conditions (mainly just confusion and torment), some of the professions can clense a lot of them instantly...

But....

Can you maybe explain more in detail why you think that's a good choice? What am i missing in my logic?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@knite.1542 said:Not enough information here to tell you what is "better".Post your build

Something like this:

Thanks, but i'm kinda weary of anything that extends duration because in WvW, tons of everyone have condition clense. So that duration won't do me much good if they outright negate it. And since mirage doesn't apply many conditions (mainly just confusion and torment), some of the professions can clense a lot of them instantly...

But....

Can you maybe explain more in detail why you think that's a good choice? What am i missing in my logic?

Alright

First, condition duration is extremely important. If someone applies a condition on me and it has no duration, I am just going to eat the damage because it is going to go away very fast. I am only going to use my condi clears if the condis on me are actually a threat.

Secondly, the rune will heal you every single time you apply torment. There is no cooldown. That will give you a ton of sustain.

@knite.1542 said:

Something like this:

But....

Alright

First, condition duration is extremely important. If someone applies a condition on me and it has no duration, I am just going to eat the damage because it is going to go away very fast. I am only going to use my condi clears if the condis on me are actually a threat.

Secondly, the rune will heal you every single time you apply torment. There is no cooldown. That will give you a ton of sustain.

Ah! I get it now, thanks for explaining!Yeah, this might work well! I totally missed the healing part, and since Mirage applies a lot of torment, could be good.Thank you!

Could i bother you for another suggestion?Let's say i use Tormenting in my ultimate build, when i get all ascended (i already have one set, but it's geared for support Chrono).

What are some cheaper alternatives i can get in the meantime?Cause i don't want to use the Upgrade extractor to remove them after i get better armor.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Something like this:

But....

Alright

Ah! I get it now, thanks for explaining!Yeah, this might work well! I totally missed the healing part, and since Mirage applies a lot of torment, could be good.Thank you!

Could i bother you for another suggestion?Let's say i use Tormenting in my ultimate build, when i get all ascended (i already have one set, but it's geared for support Chrono).

What are some cheaper alternatives i can get in the meantime?Cause i don't want to use the Upgrade extractor to remove them after i get better armor.

Undead runes.

@knite.1542 said:

Something like this:

But....

Alright

Undead runes.

Thanks! I did use them and they're great.Whelp, when i finish my gear for the Mirage build, i'll get the tormenting runes and run Undead in the meantime like i did.

Thank you!

Tormenting runes won't work with that build. Don't bother wasting money.

1) You don't have IH to spam torment from axe ambush.2) You are limited to 1 dodge in wvw, and you have no energy sigil on axe, and you will most likely spend a lot of time on staff. You don't even remotely have high enough dodge uptime to get enough torment on someone to get considerable heals.3) Tormenting runes are not even worth it on builds with DE and IH, since you won't be fighting static golems letting you stack 20+ torment over and over to get the heal off + take into account ambush nerfs. And if you do manage to be stacking 20+ stacks over and over on someone, you won't need the rune, your enemy will most likely be dead anyway.

I'd also take something that offers unique 6th bonuses like antitoxin, perplexity + asc food, adventurer, sunless, or even fireworks/traveler to compensate for the 1 dodge, rather than trying to overstack raw stats (esp. on condi) on already fully stacked trailblazer.

@Kondor.2904 said:Tormenting runes won't work with that build. Don't bother wasting money.

1) You don't have IH to spam torment from axe ambush.2) You are limited to 1 dodge in wvw, and you have no energy sigil on axe, and you will most likely spend a lot of time on staff. You don't even remotely have high enough dodge uptime to get enough torment on someone to get considerable heals.3) Tormenting runes are not even worth it on builds with DE and IH, since you won't be fighting static golems letting you stack 20+ torment over and over to get the heal off + take into account ambush nerfs. And if you do manage to be stacking 20+ stacks over and over on someone, you won't need the rune, your enemy will most likely be dead anyway.

I'd also take something that offers unique 6th bonuses like antitoxin, perplexity + asc food, adventurer, sunless, or even fireworks/traveler to compensate for the 1 dodge, rather than trying to overstack raw stats (esp. on condi) on already fully stacked trailblazer.

Thanks for your input!Makes sense, and yeah, that dodge nerf was awful for a variety of reasons but let's not get there.

I still haven't done anything on my Mirage build, i'm working on a Chrono build right now.So i'll check your recommendations as well, thanks!