Does anyone saw that amazing EoD Engineer concept spec on reddit?

hugo.4705

@Oxstar.7643 said:

@"Teratus.2859" said:Thematically it looks superb.. Minions are skill type that would fit the Engineer really well.

Other than theme though I'll have to agree with others here who are criticising it.Well agree with everything except the trash talking of minions as a mechanic, I like Minions and have made great builds using them over the years and would love to see more classes get minion mechanics so I say Minion's are awesome and the haters can shut it!! lmao

But in all seriousness, I would support engi minions but it would have to be done very very right to make it worth it.

Minions aside, how is it thematically superb? This spec basically is "a mechanic who builds mechanical units to aid him".

That is
literally
what the scrapper is. But instead of mechanical minions with different shapes, he has gyros to aid him which share a general design with nuances based on their function. I can not agree that something that just repeats what another elite spec already did is "thematically superb".

Gyros are just glorified wells. Intially they weren't but I assume that for the sake of simplicity it became this way. As is stand, engineer has no minions that follows them around and fights for them. Like I said, I want core engie and turrets to be fixed. However. They admitted defeat on the minion part by changing them into wells, and if they don't fix turrets then that's two defeats. If they add minions then they need to make it into a win. That seems to be the issue here, nobody thinks they actually can.

You are talking about the gameplay aspects of minions here, but the post you are responded to was about the thematical aspects of this e-spec.

The whole flavour and theme underlying it. Which is close to what the scrapper already has, which is that you are constructing mechanical companions to aid you in battle. Gyros are wells in gameplay, but thematically they are mechanical constructs, just like these minions.

• 1 month later...

No way it'd work properly, but good concept.

Imho If we were to have a "pet" styled specc I'd like it to be a side effect rather then the main thing with a ranged weapon like longbow

With mechanised arrows which you fire at your target. which then animates into robotic bugs that inflict burns and bleeds.

Very interesting concept, but it looks like a 50/50 mix between condi Mesmer and Minionmancer :/ As people above have already mentioned it's adding nothing new to the game in terms of mechanics as well as nothing to the profession: we’ve already had gyros and a lot of the mentioned in the description and it was wiped out cause of different gameplay problems. BUT! That’s great to see something made with such love and passion, so thumbs up!