Auto targeting keep switching off on it own

@Nokomis.5076 said:I have quite the opposite problem. GW decides itself more often to just change my target while in mid fight, just because I rotate the camera. And no the enemy I have selected wasn't dead until then.

Somehow the autotargeting/-attacking has a bug somewhere.

That sounds like you have "Right-Click to Attack/Interact" enabled.

Is it possible that you guys have set hot keys for this?

Under OptionsControl Options (fourth tab) → Targeting (third group of commands)

• Snap Ground Target
  • Toggle Snap Ground Target
  • Disable Autotargeting
  • Toggle Autotargeting

Also check your options in the first tab, under Combat/Movement

• Double-Click and Right-Click to Attack/Interact (I always turn those off)
  • Stop Autoattacking on Target Change (always off for me except maybe in the labyrinth), i.e. if you click on another foe, you stop autoattacking
  • Autotargeting
  • Promote Skill Target (always off for me)
  • Snap Ground Target to Current (usually off for me, but convenient during farming)
  • Allow Skill Retargeting (sort of the opposite of Stop Autoattacking, so that relevant skills keep hitting whatever you have targeted)

I have all auto-targetting turned off. No snap to target or anything. From time to time, just running through the world using W my character will attack a random mob. My character will fire off an attack and hit a mob I didn't have targetted, After the hit, it's now my target. I have had the same thing happen mouse running not touching the keyboard. It is pretty rare, but I have no idea what causes it...I have a 2 button mouse. I have the right click to interact turned off.

It's just...weird.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Is it possible that you guys have set hot keys for this?

Under OptionsControl Options (fourth tab) → Targeting (third group of commands)

• Snap Ground Target
  • Toggle Snap Ground Target
  • Disable Autotargeting
  • Toggle Autotargeting

Also check your options in the first tab, under Combat/Movement

• Double-Click and Right-Click to Attack/Interact (I always turn those off)
  • Stop Autoattacking on Target Change (always off for me except maybe in the labyrinth), i.e. if you click on another foe, you stop autoattacking
  • Autotargeting
  • Promote Skill Target (always off for me)
  • Snap Ground Target to Current (usually off for me, but convenient during farming)
  • Allow Skill Retargeting (sort of the opposite of Stop Autoattacking, so that relevant skills keep hitting whatever you have targeted)

I have set hot key for toggle auto targeting to left shift but i dont that think that or any of the combat/movement or targeting causes my autotargeting to switch off on its own.https://imgur.com/a/ZFnxmhttps://imgur.com/a/dp6KY

@aldodin.1374 said:So i have found the issue, if you have set a hot key for toggle autotargeting, my autotarget keep turning off on it own, until i unbind it and it goes back to normal and stay auto targeted. How weird..

As a troubleshooting exercise, consider changing the toggle from shift to something obscure, like F8. While we can use shift/control, I find in a lot of games (and especially GW2), there are unexpected effects of using modifiers for ordinary functions or toggles, rather than as modifiers.

Either way, good work sleuthing. I'm sorry you didn't come up with something that allows you to keep things as they were.

• 2 months later...

@"Enoah.1956" said:I have this happen to me sometimes. I always have "Autotargeting" enabled, but occasionally it turns up disabled for whatever reasons.

Not sure what you mean by hotkey for autotargeting. I do often cycle through targeted mobs in front of me with TAB.

There is a "Disable Autotargeting" hotkey. It does not function the way the description says. Instead of disabling it while held it just permanently disables it.

Archived