Salvage-o-matic sale - 350g worth it?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:If you have gems from achievements, or bought gems and have some left over, I personally think it is worth it.

I had left over gems and bought a salvage-o-matic. REALLY nice to have in the shared inventory slot.

I dumped around 220g into gems to buy this and i'm already, not even 24h in getting tons of mileage out of it!Very happy with the purchase!

Its less cost per salvage, and as I said it is very nice to have in the shared inventory slot so all your characters can use it. Yeah, it'll take a long time to make the money back technically, but the shear convenience is worth it!

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:If you have gems from achievements, or bought gems and have some left over, I personally think it is worth it.

I had left over gems and bought a salvage-o-matic. REALLY nice to have in the shared inventory slot.

I dumped around 220g into gems to buy this and i'm already, not even 24h in getting tons of mileage out of it!Very happy with the purchase!

Its less cost per salvage, and as I said it is very nice to have in the shared inventory slot so all your characters can use it. Yeah, it'll take a long time to make the money back technically, but the shear convenience is worth it!

Yeah, i wasn't buying it for the return of investment. Not after i saw how much you have to salvage before it becomes cheaper lol. :tongue:But the convenience is to me very worth it, and since i had spare gold that i'm not using, why not? :smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Yeah, i wasn't buying it for the return of investment. Not after i saw how much you have to salvage before it becomes cheaper lol. :tongue:But the convenience is to me very worth it, and since i had spare gold that i'm not using, why not? :smile:

If you have the option to later on get unbreakable harvesting tools and a glyph of bounty. I park my alts at the Flax farm in Draconis Mons and put my sickle with bounty in it into a shared inventory slot. Easy 7-9 gold for 10 minutes of gathering time.

If you have the option to later on get unbreakable harvesting tools and a glyph of bounty. I park my alts at the Flax farm in Draconis Mons and put my sickle with bounty in it into a shared inventory slot. Easy 7-9 gold for 10 minutes of gathering time.

I wanted to get the unbreakable ones when they were last on sale. But Anet flagged my card for some reason and i couldn't get gems. By the time they fixed it it was too late so i didn't end up getting them. Next sale maybe. I'm not in a hurry with those, but yeah, would be a neat thing to have!

@Veprovina.4876 said:

I wanted to get the unbreakable ones when they were last on sale. But Anet flagged my card for some reason and i couldn't get gems. By the time they fixed it it was too late so i didn't end up getting them. Next sale maybe. I'm not in a hurry with those, but yeah, would be a neat thing to have!

Another item that is worth the convenience. When ever I play an alt that doesn't have them I'm like "What do you mean I'm out of mining picks?!"

Another item that is worth the convenience. When ever I play an alt that doesn't have them I'm like "What do you mean I'm out of mining picks?!"

Lol, yeah, that's my only "minor gripe" with this. Salvage-o-matic works from the shared slot. Tools don't. :tongue:Maybe they can make them account wide or something, i doubt anyone has more than one set or whatever...So... Legendary tool shed when? :tongue:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

Lol, yeah, that's my only "minor gripe" with this. Salvage-o-matic works from the shared slot. Tools don't. :tongue:Maybe they can make them account wide or something, i doubt anyone has more than one set or whatever...So... Legendary tool shed when? :tongue:

You can always take them off and pass them along via a shared slot though.

You can always take them off and pass them along via a shared slot though.

True, but then again, i'm too lazy for that most of the time. :tongue:I cringe when i have to move around my ascended stuff from one character to another lol. :sweat_smile:

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:It's about 350g for copper and runecrafter salvage-o-matic.Gold to gem conversion price is about 350g. Is it worth getting?

I have the copper, silver, and now the runecrafter. The runecrafter - which I got yesterday - guarantees 100% salvage of item upgrades. I put three things through it and it destroyed every single upgrade. I submitted a bug, but no idea where that's going.

For now, I wouldn't buy it, as it doesn't seem to work as advertised. Once it's working, I'm interested to see how much value I get out of it.

Yes it salvage the rune or sigil 100% so you get lucent motes 100% of the time and a chance at charms.It dont recover like the upgrade extractor that means you take the rune/sigil out of equipment.

Why would runecrafter do the same as this?

From how it was worded, i also thought it has a 100% chance to salvage a rune. I mean... Runes are upgrades, no? :tongue:But yeah, why would it function the same as Upgrade Extractor, true.Weird wording.

It is probably a left over from when upgrades like Runes where not possible to salvage at all. It is some time since this change have been made that you can now break down upgrades as Sigils and Runes into Motes and Charms which is used to craft Runes.

If you read NOTES in wiki you will see that it confirms my suspicion: upgrades that can't be crafted like Gemstones and other universal upgrades will be returned to 100%.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runecrafter%27s_Salvage-o-Matic

This complains isn't new about tooltip and Gem Store information is not clear about what it is one should expect when buy this item.

NOTES

• 100% chance to salvage runes and sigils slotted in equipment (This kit returns Lucent Motes instead of the slotted rune or sigil). Other upgrade components which cannot be salvaged (such as gemstones and other universal upgrades) are recovered.
  • 20% chance to obtain Glob of Ectoplasm and Glob of Dark Matter from salvaging rare and exotic equipment.

There is often some confusion about the behaviour of this item. The in-game description — as with the other Salvage-o-Matics and other common Salvage Kits — states it has a (100%) chance to salvage the upgrade. It does not, like the Black Lion Salvage Kit would, recover upgrades unharmed.

Added link to show that runes and sigils have not always been possible to salvage.

http://dulfy.net/2018/11/06/gw2-introducing-rune-sigil-salvage/

@ShadowCatz.8437 said:

@Veprovina.4876 said:It's about 350g for copper and runecrafter salvage-o-matic.Gold to gem conversion price is about 350g. Is it worth getting?

I have the copper, silver, and now the runecrafter. The runecrafter - which I got yesterday - guarantees 100% salvage of item upgrades. I put three things through it and it destroyed every single upgrade. I submitted a bug, but no idea where that's going.

For now, I wouldn't buy it, as it doesn't seem to work as advertised. Once it's working, I'm interested to see how much value I get out of it.

Yes it salvage the rune or sigil 100% so you get lucent motes 100% of the time and a chance at charms.It dont recover like the upgrade extractor that means you take the rune/sigil out of equipment.

From how it was worded, i also thought it has a 100% chance to salvage a rune. I mean... Runes are upgrades, no? :tongue:But yeah, why would it function the same as Upgrade Extractor, true.Weird wording.

It is probably a left over from when upgrades like Runes where not possible to salvage at all. It is some time since this change have been made that you can now break down upgrades as Sigils and Runes into Motes and Charms which is used to craft Runes.

If you read NOTES in wiki you will see that it confirms my suspicion: upgrades that can't be crafted like Gemstones and other universal upgrades will be returned to 100%.

This complains isn't new about tooltip and Gem Store information is not clear about what it is one should expect when buy this item.

NOTES
100% chance to salvage runes and sigils slotted in equipment (This kit returns Lucent Motes instead of the slotted rune or sigil). ** Other upgrade components which cannot be salvaged (such as gemstones and other universal upgrades) are recovered.
  • 20% chance to obtain Glob of Ectoplasm and Glob of Dark Matter from salvaging rare and exotic equipment.

There is often some confusion about the behaviour of this item. The in-game description — as with the other Salvage-o-Matics and other common Salvage Kits — states it has a (100%) chance to salvage the upgrade. It does not, like the Black Lion Salvage Kit would, recover upgrades unharmed.

Oh... So what it does is basically salvages the rune inside the equipment while slavaging the equipment?

@Veprovina.4876 said:

NOTES
100% chance to salvage runes and sigils slotted in equipment (This kit returns Lucent Motes instead of the slotted rune or sigil). ** Other upgrade components which cannot be salvaged (such as gemstones and other universal upgrades) are recovered.

Oh... So what it does is basically salvages the rune inside the equipment
while
slavaging the equipment?

It continue salvage process down to where it is not possible to salvage, yes. It changes chances compared to Silver or Copper version which will also salvage this way including the chance for Upgrades to be salvaged (gaining material to craft Runes or Sigil). In the end if you uses Copper or Silver, both will give you material to craft runes or sigil, but with a slower speed then when you use Runecrafting. If you want to keep a Sigil or Rune (some of these Upgrades can be rather expensive to craft or buy on TP), it will be better and safer to use Black Lion Salvage kit (you should have gained some over time from playing for free or you can purchase it from Gems Store) or Ascended Salvage Tool/Kit (Fractal Relics or Laurels + Gold).

I have used Master Salvage kit for a very long time and always had to carry 3-5 slots just for how fast they where used up. Now with both Copper and Silver (which I only use for Rare/Exotic) I don't have to spend time and return to Armistice Bastion and can move fast all salvaged items to Material Storage with press of a button (icon in top of Inventory - which now is much easier to click since some patches ago).

Permanent tools like this is a time saver (less time spend on jumping back and forth for getting Salvage kits) and a space saver for Inventory. During sales on Shared Inventory a spend some Real money on Gems to buy enough slots for both Tomes (for getting into different maps) and space for Copper and Silver (+Salvage for Compost - ascended food). What isn't calculated is that time and space are as much useful as the ROI that people focus on when one ask about if is worth it.

[edit]Silver will NOT continue to salvage Globes of Ectoplasm completely down to Piles of Crystalline (base for crafting guild items and currency for some items), so with reservation for this it works until the tier you chosen have salvage all that is possible for that kit. You will need to use Salvage kit once more on Globe of Ectoplasm to make it into Pile of Crystalline.

SalvagingGlobs of Ectoplasm can be salvaged into Piles of Crystalline Dust and Essences of Luck as follows:

 Pile of Crystalline Dust.png Pile of Crystalline Dust (1–5)

And one of the following: Essence of Luck (fine).png Essence of Luck (5–15) Essence of Luck (masterwork).png Essence of Luck (1–3) Essence of Luck (rare).png Essence of Luck Essence of Luck (exotic).png Essence of Luck (1–4)

Salvage research can be found here.

I just got the Runecrafter's, pretty good purchase IMO. It only has 5% less chance of rare mats and 100% chance to give you either a mote OR a symbol, both of which I'd prefer since I'm swimming in T6 mats anyway. Basically I don't get the fascination with silver, since it overlaps with mystic--so just get runecrafter and buy a mystic kit for the rare's if you really want to be particular about it.