A Renegade Condi shortbow build for WvW ?

GoldenPants.1870

Dont think it exists considering that projectiles are the last thing you want in zergs (as well as condi builds that arent focused on high burst like burn guard) and for roaming shortbow is extremely easy to kite so it's not very effective.

@steki.1478 said:Dont think it exists considering that projectiles are the last thing you want in zergs (as well as condi builds that arent focused on high burst like burn guard) and for roaming shortbow is extremely easy to kite so it's not very effective.

It's for roaming, but yeah, I know it is sub optimal, but I don't really care about that, rather play what I find fun. :P

It's quite viable for roaming and clouding, though you won't have quite the same massive 1vX potential of a Herald (Infuse Light OP).

I run something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRPMIqhBSfMBKgDz06TH-zVRYcJaFpiooGXK5kAZGC5WA9GBePLLaWB-w

Here's the tankier variant with Retribution for the dome thing — you may find it harder to survive without the Swiftness uptime, though, and harder to get the most out of Mallyx without the extra energy of Charged Mists:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRPMIqhBSfMBKgDzS7TH-zVRYcJaFpiooGXK5kAZGC5WA9GBePLLaWB-w

The big idea here is to use Torment as your primary damage (and a good bit of sustain, thanks to your cheaty Rune), with long-lasting Bleeding as a cover condition and a good bit of CC including long-lasting Chill and Taunt. Charged Mists is here to get maximum uses of Banish Enchantments, which is one of your main tank-cracking tools and a strong contribution to group fights.

Gear is flexible, but mixing in some Dire over straight Trailblazers gives you more damage per tick and Torment duration is already capped. You may find stacking more Expertise works better for you, though, it's really a situational/preference thing. And, yes, you're running an on-crit Sigil but it'll proc a lot thanks to Fury and Brutal Momentum; if you don't like it, try Sigil of Doom for on-demand Poison application instead. Take Lasting Legacy over Righteous Rebel if you want a bit more damage at the expense of durability and support.

You're not using the Kalla legend but you can still enjoy "Kalla roleplaying flavor" through your F2-F4 skills. Usually you'll want to use Heroic Command after Sevenshot to turn your Kalla's Fervor stacks into a pile of Might. I really like using Orders from Above to boost allies using siege and dragon banner, too.

(Reminder: Trailblazer armor is very expensive, use stat-selectable gear like Warlord Armor boxes instead of trying to craft it yourself.)

@"ASP.8093" said:It's quite viable for roaming and clouding, though you won't have quite the same massive 1vX potential of a Herald (Infuse Light OP).

I run something like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRPMIqhBSfMBKgDz06TH-zVRYcJaFpiooGXK5kAZGC5WA9GBePLLaWB-w

Here's the tankier variant with Retribution for the dome thing — you may find it harder to survive without the Swiftness uptime, though, and harder to get the most out of Mallyx without the extra energy of Charged Mists:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQHsIyhJRPMIqhBSfMBKgDzS7TH-zVRYcJaFpiooGXK5kAZGC5WA9GBePLLaWB-w

The big idea here is to use Torment as your primary damage (and a good bit of sustain, thanks to your cheaty Rune), with long-lasting Bleeding as a cover condition and a good bit of CC including long-lasting Chill and Taunt. Charged Mists is here to get maximum uses of Banish Enchantments, which is one of your main tank-cracking tools and a strong contribution to group fights.

Gear is flexible, but mixing in some Dire over straight Trailblazers gives you more damage per tick and Torment duration is already capped. You may find stacking more Expertise works better for you, though, it's really a situational/preference thing. And, yes, you're running an on-crit Sigil but it'll proc a lot thanks to Fury and Brutal Momentum; if you don't like it, try Sigil of Doom for on-demand Poison application instead. Take Lasting Legacy over Righteous Rebel if you want a bit more damage at the expense of durability and support.

You're not using the Kalla legend but you can still enjoy "Kalla roleplaying flavor" through your F2-F4 skills. Usually you'll want to use Heroic Command after Sevenshot to turn your Kalla's Fervor stacks into a pile of Might. I really like using Orders from Above to boost allies using siege and dragon banner, too.

(Reminder: Trailblazer armor is very expensive, use stat-selectable gear like Warlord Armor boxes instead of trying to craft it yourself.)

Thanks, and the armor part, and trinkets, are not a problem, I already have a trailblazer set for my Condi herald, so yeah.

Yeah, most of your Herald gear should transfer over just fine. And your Mace/Axe and Mallyx experience should all still be very relevant.

The main differences, imo:

• No Infuse Light. Gotta play more carefully.
  • You've got two weapons with strong condition output, both of which include heavy Torment output, so your Rune of Tormenting sustain may actually be stronger.
  • You don't have access to the Herald speed boosts so you should think about how to get it instead (I like Rapid Flow in Invocation).
  • Corruption traits that require you to be in melee range have diminished value. (That's why I go for the Resistance instead.)
  • Call to Anguish becomes more important as an evasion/repositioning skill (it's still good for burst/interrupt too, of course).

Overall the sustain/defense is worse but the ability to absolutely delete people with condi burst is still there, and you can poke in and out pretty well in 5v5/10v10 situations. Between perma-Swiftness and Call to Anguish I've had a lot of luck escaping from slower tanky classes as well.

@ASP.8093 said:Yeah, most of your Herald gear should transfer over just fine. And your Mace/Axe and Mallyx experience should all still be very relevant.

The main differences, imo:

• No Infuse Light. Gotta play more carefully.
  • You've got two weapons with strong condition output, both of which include heavy Torment output, so your Rune of Tormenting sustain may actually be stronger.
  • You don't have access to the Herald speed boosts so you should think about how to get it instead (I like Rapid Flow in Invocation).
  • Corruption traits that require you to be in melee range have diminished value. (That's why I go for the Resistance instead.)
  • Call to Anguish becomes more important as an evasion/repositioning skill (it's still good for burst/interrupt too, of course).

Overall the sustain/defense is worse but the ability to absolutely delete people with condi burst is still there, and you can poke in and out pretty well in 5v5/10v10 situations. Between perma-Swiftness and Call to Anguish I've had a lot of luck escaping from slower tanky classes as well.Thanks for the tips !

I also usually roam with a friend or two, and right now I am trying out a power renegade shortbow build, and oh lord sevenshot is so fun to use.

@GoldenPants.1870 said:

@steki.1478 said:Dont think it exists considering that projectiles are the last thing you want in zergs (as well as condi builds that arent focused on high burst like burn guard) and for roaming shortbow is extremely easy to kite so it's not very effective.

It's for roaming, but yeah, I know it is sub optimal, but I don't really care about that, rather play what I find fun. :P

Then play what you find fun, I dont understand the post. You could easily find a random condi build and just swap the weapons.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I use to run a very effective Renegade condi/hybrid build for wvw roaming/havoc with my guild.

Here is our latest video, you can also find the build in the description.

https://youtu.be/ttRqvWMrHZo

You can find more in the channel.

It's a much higher skill cap build then the condi herald for energy management, that's for sure.

I hope it helps!

Edited by Xunleashed.5271