HB tank guide?

So I run tank HFB for Deimos. Usually I use full Minstrels gear, and my traits and specs are the same for HFB on Snowcrows. My Utilities tend to be Mantra of giving might and quickness, Retreat and Healing Bow, with my Ulti being Feel My Wrath. With Heal skill and retreat, you have plenty of aegis procs, while having heals to keep you alive and quickness to help your sub group.

Granted, I've never tried this tanking other bosses.

I have a shoddy HB tank pov video, I main it for for static, gear is full minstrels. Some bosses are missing however (just don't have a recording)

But anyway, I main HB in fractals and raids so if you have any more questions you can pm me .

Edit: gear is full minstrels with honor 1 2 2Virtue 3 2 2FB 2 2 3

@weaponwh.9810 said:thanks, i guess main mitigation is aegis, stability + my own healing? any other skills ?

If you mean party mitigation, then you're exactly right. You don't really need to focus on mitigating yourself, only bosses that require some thought to stay alive are VG(dodge blues), Xera (blurred frenzy confusion spam), Deimos, SH, Largos, Qadim, QTP.

You can also drop god teir cc as a form of support with sanctuary

@"TheDeafGuy.4519" said:I have a shoddy HB tank pov video, I main it for for static, gear is full minstrels. Some bosses are missing however (just don't have a recording)

But anyway, I main HB in fractals and raids so if you have any more questions you can pm me .

Edit: gear is full minstrels with honor 1 2 2Virtue 3 2 2FB 2 2 3

I pretty much do the same thing. Very good PoV. Just one question: why do you take Virtues 3 2 2. The 1st 3 is a trait called "master of consecration" but apart from places you'd take sanctuary it is not needed, I personally go 2 2 2 on virtues for an extra aegis. Or even 1 2 2 for some damage. It is not that much useful but I feel that "master of consecration" is really a waste of a trait slot.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 3:59 AM, weaponwh.9810 said:

is there a guide or something on how to tank use HB? for boss like vg, sh etc. what skill to use for mitigation etc, what gears

Just the usual SnowCrows HFB builds with a few changes (see below).

Gear & Runes

- Replace Harrier with Minstrel or Giver to have as much toughness as possible (I personally prefer 4stats vs 3 stats but you won't see much difference between the two; especially on HFB you have too much passive healing to notice anything).

- Mace instead of Axe. Mace will give you some extra block and its symbol does passive healing.

-Monk Runes are great, but you can also use Water/Durability/Herald/Altruism depending on the need. If you don't have legendary armor, I'd suggest just running Monk runes.

Utility skills & Specialization

Always run Mantra of Solace (MoS) and Mantra of Potence (MoP), the two other skills are free slot to interchange between fight.

On Large CC bars with low frequency (VG, Gorseval, Xera, SH ), Sanctuary is your best CC skills + it provides tons of healing.

On CC heavy fights (Mathias, Samarog, Qadim), Hammer of Wisdom is best or Bane Signet.

if you run Bane Signet, you can swap out Virtues for Radiance (2/1/2) to get Perfect Inscriptions.

On specific bosses you'll be expected to run Stand Your Ground!  (SYG) to provide stability in order to safeguard against knock down, fear, etc... (Gorseval, Cairn, Sloth, Sabetha, Twin Largos).

you could run Mantra of Liberation over Feel My Wrath! (FMW) but I'd strongly advise against it. That mantra is only for 5   people, you will loose a source of Fury provided by FMW especially if you're running mace instead of axe. Your group might be reliant on that skill to cover fury.

Then just fill with whatever utility skill you prefer using.