Thoughts on my Engineer builds

Hi i wuld say both your build arent that well

i wuld suggest you my builds, but soon will hit patch and some of them will need bit of modyfication

for now i can recomend you that condi holo insted As will not change 

for open word scrapper i used that : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAIJlRwcYQsGWJO8LvteA-zRZYBh6qEOItjogEdGhJBCUBoyDQAbgXDFmBA-e

it alowed me solo bounty with perm 25might, fury and quickness from chronomancer runes

but like i said i will need modificate it after patch

I dunno if its good but was watching videos of vallun playing and lately he's been playin as a holosmith with GS and hammer i believe?

It seemed pretty good dmg with that  sword spinny thing that looks like warr attack.

It seemed good as node controller

The GS2 was doin 3-4k dmg which i think is pretty good.

Edited by Axl.8924

12 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

I dunno if its good but was watching videos of vallun playing and lately he's been playin as a holosmith with GS and hammer i believe?

It seemed pretty good dmg with that  sword spinny thing that looks like warr attack.

It seemed good as node controller

The GS2 was doin 3-4k dmg which i think is pretty good.

What video were you watching? Because Engineer can only take 1 weapon set, and neither of those can be Hammer or Greatsword on Holo.

Vallun - Twitch

Nevermind i think i understand now i think he's using hammer and the holosmith heated suit whatever you all it.

i see his hammer in his hand.

I'm not really familiar forgot about the suit thing holos get that has heat and sometimes its confusing unless you know what your watching. Anyways it looks fun.

Edited by Axl.8924

12 minutes ago, Axl.8924 said:

Vallun - Twitch

Nevermind i think i understand now i think he's using hammer and the holosmith heated suit whatever you all it.

I'm not really familiar forgot about the suit thing holos get that has heat and sometimes its confusing unless you know what your watching. Anyways it looks fun.

If you're talking about what he's playing right now, he's on warrior.

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Vallun - Twitch

Hammer equipped = No Holosmith traits

Author ;

I know how Engies like to show off with 2 or 3 kits and their CPM; but in fact kits are really annoying in OW,.

You need some practice to chain skills and combos,  you need some accuracy / large hitbox or static mobs; you need to remember CD of every grenades and bombs otherwise you've swap kit for nothing....  and for what ? Same result as Reaper spamming whirl ? This is fun, ... at given point in time (raids, fractals), not everyday, everywhere.

When you're playing OW you just want to chill, not to play The flight of the bumblebee on your keyboard to kill a veteran drake.

Play Photon forge, strong dps, short CD, but take "chilled" utility skills, like elixirs or breakstuns.

About scrapper, it seems they'll nerf the quickness from Applied Force. So If I where you, i'll just wait the patchnote.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508

3 hours ago, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

Author ;

I know how Engies like to show off with 2 or 3 kits and their CPM; but in fact kits are really annoying in OW,.

You need some practice to chain skills and combos,  you need some accuracy / large hitbox or static mobs; you need to remember CD of every grenades and bombs otherwise you've swap kit for nothing....  and for what ? Same result as Reaper spamming whirl ? This is fun, ... at given point in time (raids, fractals), not everyday, everywhere.

When you're playing OW you just want to chill, not to play The flight of the bumblebee on your keyboard to kill a veteran drake.

Play Photon forge, strong dps, short CD, but take "chilled" utility skills, like elixirs or breakstuns.

About scrapper, it seems they'll nerf the quickness from Applied Force. So If I where you, i'll just wait the patchnote.

It's really not as complicated as people make it out to be. Playing engi is like playing ele but your attunements have no cooldown. After a while pulling off the combos and kit swaps becomes muscle memory. Keep practicing and you'll get it down. Engi has a lot of built in sustain so you should have no problem killing OW mobs without dying. 

If you'd rather not think too hard, just play Flamethrower Rifle scrapper. Spam 1, swap to rifle for Blunderbuss > Jumpshot > resume spamming 1 > profit. This is one of the easiest builds to solo bounties/dungeons/fractals on. Grab yourself a sigil of rage/concentration and a few cheap soul pastries, and you should be able to maintan perma quickness on yourself.

If that gets old, you can try running prot holo in open world with marauder/durabilty gear (the basic WvW setup) and you'll still kill things quickly enough while being immortal. 

and if THAT gets old there's a fun and memey drunk scrapper build that spams elixirs while autoing with rifle. It maintains perma 25 might, fury, and quickness on itself with very high uptimes of of... basically every other boon in the game but alacrity. I run with with enough diviner gear to hit 100% boon duration after food/utilities/alchemy buff. The rest is zerker gear. 

• Like 1