New buff "Resolution" and "Second Skin" trait

Crystal Paladin.3871

Will the major master trait "second skin" stack with the new "resolution" boon? Anyway ranger doesn't have many source of that boon ... Hope they give back the boon on dolyak stance. 

Maybe ranger with second skin and a guardian to pump out resolution on nodes and some light field (33 + 33 + 10)% condi DMG reduction is the only way capable of dealing with the upcoming condi invasion patch...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

It's called Whirling Defense!
And it will stack. Maybe multiplicative  (2/3 * 2/3 * 9/10 = 2/5 = 0,4)

My question is, what will the TOTAL damage reduction be when you use second skin + dolyak stance (another 33%) + resolution? It’s not actually going to be -99% condi dmg is it?? Lol

4 hours ago, enkeny.6937 said:

It's called Whirling Defense!
And it will stack. Maybe multiplicative  (2/3 * 2/3 * 9/10 = 2/5 = 0,4)

cmon.. u gotta be kidding me.. whirl defense 20 sec cd when traited if not 25sec.. and u cant move while channelling.. idk.. will u get 4 sec retal even if u cancel the channel midway? even so.... thats not an effective way atleast IMO...

doing whirl defense to reduce condi dmg when bombarded by necro and scourge condi... will u do it? 😛

and I forgot.. dolyak stance gives -33% condi reducction.. seems ranger can take up the defender role in upcoming patch

using bear stance for any condi that might be hazardous to health

I love how the ranger class been designed.... 

and i'm still curious.. how the boon corrupts on "resolution" be? wil it be corrupted to confusion or... burning or some other damaging condi.. or new condi

It's a good thing the condi dmg reduction for soulbeast are available in the form of traits.... and not directly as boons so dolyak will give -33% second skin might stuggle if protection is corrupted... idk how this is gonna turn out to be

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

Retaliation corrupted to confusion, I think it will work the same.

And I didn't say it is good, just we have (and reread the post, a misread many to any 😛 ). 
I used it in my boon build, with Fortifying Bond and "We Heal As One!" it is 9 sec+boon duration. 

Edited by enkeny.6937
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bigo.9037 said:

My question is, what will the TOTAL damage reduction be when you use second skin + dolyak stance (another 33%) + resolution? It’s not actually going to be -99% condi dmg is it?? Lol

Well, Herald can do 100% damage reduction. so why not!