Incoming heal effectiveness when Resolution boon on poisoned target

While the condition poison reduces healing effectiveness by 33%... And resolution boon applied on the target as well... Will the resolution boon mitigate only the damage done by poison or... Will it also mitigate the degrading effects of poison? Like reducing the effectiveness of poison by 33% thus the overall heal effectiveness is not reduced to 33% and it's somewhere around 21% or something?

I didn't notice how resistance worked b4... Will it totally negate poison's degrading effect? So ... Is poison being handled by resolution and resistance in the upcoming patch? One is to reduce the damage of poison and the other is to negate the degrading effects?

I just went through the balance patch preview thread. and someone did ask the OP how the poison being handled by the new boon resolution... refer here but that comment got buried under a pile of other comments and not been replied... so.. hope this thread gets the correct behavior...

21 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Seeing as Poison is a damaging condition only the new Resolution would apply as the new Resistance only applies to non damaging conditions.

This means that you cannot bypass the healing reduction of Poison unless you use a condition clear.

so... they ignored one aspect of resistance while splitting the conditions to be handled by two different boons... not fair... maybe what ure saying is true maybe not... unless confirmed by the actual patch or the OP from the balance patch review thread

• Like 1

No, I think their intent is clear and I think they fully mean for the healing reduction to be unavoidable now unless you cleanse it.

Which to be honest will make it much easier to defeat certain classes even if you don't spec into condition damage. Take a source of poison, and wail away knowing that their healing has been reduced by quite a bit. This is going to help in this tanky meta we are in.

For PvE? Take a condi cleanse if you are going to be around poison.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No, I think their intent is clear and I think they fully mean for the healing reduction to be unavoidable now unless you cleanse it.

Which to be honest will make it much easier to defeat certain classes even if you don't spec into condition damage. Take a source of poison, and wail away knowing that their healing has been reduced by quite a bit. This is going to help in this tanky meta we are in.

For PvE? Take a condi cleanse if you are going to be around poison.

I hope that is not how it works and Anet will split these cases among boons.

Poison is not the only edge case, fear with necromancer's terror trait would also need to get looked at.

Anet should make it that all non-damaging effects from conditions get ignored by resistance (including the heal reduction from poison and the CC from fear) and all condition damage effects get reduced by resolution (including poison and fear damage if traited with terror).

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

I hope that is not how it works and Anet will split these cases among boons.

Poison is not the only edge case, fear with necromancer's terror trait would also need to get looked at.

Anet should make it that all non-damaging effects from conditions get ignored by resistance (including the heal reduction from poison and the CC from fear) and all condition damage effects get reduced by resolution (including poison and fear damage if traited with terror).

Again. Fear is itself not a damaging condition, ergo the new resistance will apply, which in turn negates the fear, and thus the damage if a necro traits for it.

I do not disagree with what you state about how functionally these new boons should work. But going from what Anet has said about how they will work you will not be able to negate the healing reduction from poison after May 11th, and the damage from traited fear on necro will be negated by resistance.

Poison going to be the stronger condi effect in the game now where confusion maybe the weakest. I like to see how fear works when its trated to do dmg lets just see how bad anet is at programing and or missing a lot of effects in there game.