What build you play in Bronze to Gold is absolutely irrelevant.

Nabbut.7480

I have a Mist Walker title playing in these leagues for some years so I think I've earned the right to speak about it.

It all is heavily dependent on human factor: missing skills in panic, casting them too late in apathy, lacking tactical thinking in boredom.

After a day of playing 2v2 in Silver I had gathered enough statistics to conclude: build means nothing, because in one game with same players and builds we were killing them in few seconds, losing after a protracted fight, and getting stomped in a minute.

Thus, meta builds are stuff of Legends and Platinums, and average player like me should feel free selecting build he likes.

Edited by paShadoWn.5723
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, paShadoWn.5723 said:

I have a Mist Walker title playing in these leagues for some years so I think I've earned the right to speak about it.

It all is heavily dependent on human factor: missing skills in panic, casting them too late in apathy, lacking tactical thinking in boredom.

After a day of playing 2v2 in Silver I had gathered enough statistics to conclude: build means nothing, because in one game with same players and builds we were killing them in few seconds, losing after a protracted fight, and getting stomped in a minute.

Thus, meta builds are stuff of Legends and Platinums, and average player like me should feel free selecting build he likes.

Honestly its a game, yeah there's a competitive mode but lol in seriousness is it really competitive unless real funds are involved? I mean if ur in ranked u should 100% play to win but not at the cost of fun, play ur best and have fun using any builds u have fun using, if someone raging at u let them, only person that looks stupid is them when their parents hear em screaming from the basement :).

wanna kno how important meta is or how important taking this game seriously is?  Go to one of ur buds who don't play gw2 and tell em ur #1 in gw2 leaderboards lol better yet when bars open use it as a guaranteed success pick up line to the smoke show sitting beside u lol.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Haha 1

( i think i misunderstood what u meant and u were complaining about imposing builds  but as a player who been playing  pvp for years i can tell u that a build plays very little effect to the sucess of ur pvp venture , ofc there is tools u would want to have depending on ur role like condi cleans cc etc etc but overall not any specific build means much , its more of a matter of skills and how used are u into fighting fast moving targets etc 

Edited by Entropo.1524
misunderstanding

Yeah, while meta builds are very strong and often thoroughly tested and revised, they are not the end-all-be-all of builds. PvP and WvW have more flexibility than PvE because you're not simply trying to hit some benchmarks. It all depends on your own skill level, your play style, team comps and all that. 

I mean hell, I'm really great with both Necro and Engi, but I love the Ranger class. So regardless of the meta, I have been playing cond trapper Druid and I love it.

I mean, it really is luck of the draw. If matchmaking wants you to lose, you're going to lose. If it wants you to win, you could play a troll glass weaver build with NO sustain and somehow manage to win.

At least in ranked conquest. In unranked it's really just.. do I get the team that knows what they're doing? Or do I get the team of new players? Is the enemy team balanced or is it a premade of plat/legendary players looking for an ego boost farming people?

The only advantage to meta builds are that they're going to be better performing in case your team isn't all that great.

I have noticed one thing though - if I go to try out a new build in conquest.. it's almost 100% guaranteed I'm going to get a team of new players and be up against the select builds that magically hard counter whatever I'm running. So annoying. 

• Like 1

This thread should be stickied.

And the matchmaking system for ranked will do the rest. No matter the skill level, the game will steer towards a 50/50 win loss ratio to keep the game enjoyable. So, if you don't care about playing at platinum, just play what you like, enjoy the game and don't pay attention to toxic comments.

• Like 3