poisonous spin

madmagus.6147

I've seen a fair number of chronos that show poisonous spin as their primary damage when fighting the bosses in Silverwaste.  And, no, not the Thrasher.  I'm using ArcDps.  Is it just reading a skill wrong?  I have no idea where poisonous spin would come from, except that the Thrasher boss uses it.

I don't know either.  I asked one of the mesmers, but he wouldn't answer.  It made me wonder if there was something underhanded going on.  All two or three of them were showing 15k to 18k dps with over 40% coming from poisonous spin.  I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea how it would be done.  But I saw the same poisonous spin on a few chronos in Silverwaste on the same day.  I haven't been able to find anything out yet, including from Arc.

9 hours ago, madmagus.6147 said:

I don't know either.  I asked one of the mesmers, but he wouldn't answer.  It made me wonder if there was something underhanded going on.  All two or three of them were showing 15k to 18k dps with over 40% coming from poisonous spin.  I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea how it would be done.  But I saw the same poisonous spin on a few chronos in Silverwaste on the same day.  I haven't been able to find anything out yet, including from Arc.

Well maybe it is some kind of exploit then, wouldn't be the first time it happened...

Though, i mean, really, exploiting an already easy boss for some damage, idk lol, whatever helps people farm RIBA i guess haha.

If this is Thrasher specific, then wahtever i guess, i'm interested in how they're doing it but as long as it's contained to one mob i doubt it'll even be a priority for Anet to fix.

If this is indeed an exploit that can do the same for other bosses, and especially if it happens in Raids, if Mesmers can somehow get DPS off of boss' skills, then it should be fixed.

As for how they do it, i have no idea where to even begin guessing lol.

Could it just be projectile reflection?  If they just timed feedback correctly or the like?

The wiki describes it as -

Poisonous Spin - The thrasher casts a point-blank area of effect to Pull in enemies, then rapidly spins while firing ground-based projectiles. The spin knocks back nearby enemies.

Edited by Jijimuge.4675
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jijimuge.4675 said:

Could it just be projectile reflection?  If they just timed feedback correctly or the like?

The wiki describes it as -

Poisonous Spin - The thrasher casts a point-blank area of effect to Pull in enemies, then rapidly spins while firing ground-based projectiles. The spin knocks back nearby enemies.

Well, do reflected projectiles do damage back to the source?

Also, so much reflection that it's the main source of Chronomancers damage?

No idea...

I still haven't found anything.  To note, the poisonous spin damage was not done while fighting the thrasher, though it is a Thrasher-specific talent, so reflection isn't an option.  It was done on the north-most boss.   Honestly, it doesn't really matter in the given context, because I don't care if someone is exploiting damage in a Silverwaste fight, but if it is indeed a more general exploit, then that is something different.  Who knows at this point.  I just had to ask the community.  Thanks for all the responses.

Edited by madmagus.6147
  • Like 1

Thanks Moradorin, I think you directly/indirectly answered my question.  I've been assuming that arcDps treats each of the three boss encounters as separate elements and reports each independently.  What must be happening is that arcDps considers all 3 fights to be a single incident and thus combines the stats from all three fights in the final tally.  Until just now, I had been single mindedly focused on what I thought was logical about stat reporting.  The one thing that makes sense now is that they were indeed reflects but from a previous fight, fight #2 in the series, and it showed up as a final accounting.  Of course, this gives me an entirely new view of the data presented.  For whatever reason, your persistence clarified something that had never occurred to me.  Thanks.