Herald traits (changes/pve only) for Condition Builds - Suggestion

SeTect.5918

From players perspective, yes we should buff condi, and power, and support. Obviously we all want to push our spec further. But there is balance, between each spec, between classes, game modes... it's not that easy to just put +10% everywhere, nor a primary necessity.

Yes, condi herald benchmark is low ... but condi herald is already the easiest class to solo any content, is still in good position for roaming or pvp. Do you need it, or wish it ?  Will it be worth it in group when we can already chose renegades ?

Herald first "purpose" is already diminished in pve; I want it back.

Give back the old facet of nature with 33% or 20% BD to ALL ALLIES. Make shield skills to extend allies boons (Like mesmer Soi, or tempest's warhorn) heal per boons, etc. Share a concentration or healing power buff, in traitline. Thing like that. It seems weak, but it would help chrono, ren, fb etc to play with less or no BD and so more berserker/viperin, or zeal/marshal.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:

From players perspective, yes we should buff condi, and power, and support. Obviously we all want to push our spec further. But there is balance, between each spec, between classes, game modes... it's not that easy to just put +10% everywhere, nor a primary necessity.

Yes, condi herald benchmark is low ... but condi herald is already the easiest class to solo any content, is still in good position for roaming or pvp. Do you need it, or wish it ?  Will it be worth it in group when we can already chose renegades ?

Herald first "purpose" is already diminished in pve; I want it back.

Give back the old facet of nature with 33% or 20% BD to ALL ALLIES. Make shield skills to extend allies boons (Like mesmer Soi, or tempest's warhorn) heal per boons, etc. Share a concentration or healing power buff, in traitline. Thing like that. It seems weak, but it would help chrono, ren, fb etc to play with less or no BD and so more berserker/viperin, or zeal/marshal.

Basically i agree with you. Also i agree with you that Condi Herald is one of the easiest class to solo any content, even if i would say that scourge is better. It was also before the may 11 update. Now it got buffed.

But however, yes Herald has some really nice sustain, but for example, Battle scars heal got nerfed on 25th may by 1/3 and the elite skills life stealing of Renegade got buffed by 50%. Why? They keep buffing Renegade and nerfing Herald. Also they said that Renegade will overperform after torment change so they nerf some skills. Did they change anything of shortbow to nerf Renegade? no, they nerfed Mace and Axe instead. Condi Herald has no 2nd weapon to use if any of them gets nerfed too hard. I wouldnt even say it was a too hard nerf but i dont get it why they tell us that they wanna nerf renegade they mostly nerf Condi Herald.

Also i would love it if Herald gets a small sustain nerf if it gets a damage buff then.

You said: Obviously we all want to push our spec further.
With that part i cant agree. Well yes 😄 basically. Obviously we want, but that doesnt change the fact that it needs a damage buff or support buff. Because Herald is neither good in Damage or support. There are way better options for support, for example tempest, druid or the allmighty guardian.
And i could also tell you other classes that should get a buff. For example in my opinion elementalist, not the damage, maybe by 1-2% since a lot of classes got over op buffs, but mostly for sustain because power ele or also condi are just not good in solo content. Also since it has one of the hardest rotations, its sad that its not like that if u take a look what most classes can do with a far easier rotation.

A bit less sustain in change of more damage and support would help Herald to get good again.
I would also support a suggestion like you did, like a share a healing power buff or something. But also a (small) damage buff should go with it.