TL class

21 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So are you asking for viable or optimal?

Funny how that question silently removes most of the possible answers from the table.

I mean, maybe in reality they are asking about neither "viable", nor "optimal", but about "good" instead? Or, at least that's how i would interprete OPs question: as inquiring whether there are any other good choices for dps apart from condi mirage, or is that build just so far ahead of any other options.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

15 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What do you mean?

Added the explanation to my post when you were replying to it.

But to clarify even more: "either/or" binary questions that present you with two answers as if those two were the only possible (when in reality they are just one of many options available), or try to present only the most extreme choices without acknowledging there's someting between them should be avoided wherever possible, unless you intend to inform the other side that their choices of answer are limited.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

15 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Funny how that question silently removes most of the possible answers from the table.

I mean, maybe in reality they are asking about neither "viable", nor "optimal", but about "good" instead? Or, at least that's how i would interprete OPs question: as inquiring whether there are any other good choices for dps apart from condi mirage, or is that build just so far ahead of any other options.

11 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Added the explanation to my post when you were replying to it.

But to clarify even more: "either/or" binary questions that present you with two answers as if those two were the only possible (when in reality they are just one of many options available), or try to present only the most extreme choices without acknowledging there's someting between them should be avoided wherever possible, unless there's a very good reason to limit oneself to only those choices.

Directly from the first post of the thread:

Is there other viable dps class for twin largo other than condi mirage? 

Then he goes into "but some are easier than other". So if we go by his initial question, it's clearly about "what is viable" (despite you somehow "interpreting it" as something else?). On the other hand if he just wants easier/the easiest then he's asking about optimal ones.

Overally you can try and paint my question as if I'm just giving OP 2 options to somehow close off the others, but in reality that question was based strictly on OP's question and subsequential post in this thread. Thought it was pretty clear.

• Confused 1

We all know that most people asking for "viable" stuff aren't using the very strict definition of that word. I mean, this argument about what "viable" means to different people is something we keep getting on the forums since game launched. So, when i see a question like that, i know i have to interprete that word in the context of how it was usually used in other, previous similar questions like that, and not in the context of its strict definition.

5 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

We all know that most people asking for "viable" stuff aren't using the very strict definition of that word. I mean, this argument about what "viable" means to different people is something we keep getting on the forums since game launched. So, when i see a question like that, i know i have to interprete that word in the context of how it was usually used in other, previous similar questions like that, and not in the context of its strict definition.

No, we don't. We all know that words have their meanings, so they should be used accordingly.

Bottom line remains the same as it was a few posts ago, so if he wants efficiency, then he can pick meta classes/builds. If he wants viability, then he can play a lot of builds. If he's looking for some unspoken blury line inbetween then he needs to answer his own question, because nobody knows what that "line" is for him.

That said, I'm not interested in your silly nitpicking here just for the sake of pretending I'm the one picking on OP, "trying to remove most answers" or w/e else you're insinuating above. Have fun with that o/

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So are you asking for viable or optimal?

i would say decent or good.  like cfb is good?  shortbow slb (i try prepatch which is not bad, but not sure after 5/11 patch)?  i just try staff mirage which had simple rotation, i assume this is good at TL?

Edited by weaponwh.9810

On 5/25/2021 at 6:29 PM, weaponwh.9810 said:

i would say decent or good.  like cfb is good?  shortbow slb (i try prepatch which is not bad, but not sure after 5/11 patch)?  i just try staff mirage which had simple rotation, i assume this is good at TL?

Yea staff mirage is maybe the best class on TL even after the latest nerf. If not cchrono, axe mirage, rev, scourge will do as well, if not firebrand, condi berserker, condi soulbeast (I am not sure about shortbow, better go with the standart build, as TL are difficult to flank for shortbows to do damage, oh and don't forget the iboga for the confusion and if you can change runes too), and lastly condi weaver and condi engi if you feel cocky. I run out of classes. Well you can try condi thief too if you really want to. Just go any meta condi build preferably with confusion and don't play shortbow condi slb there. 

so i just try staff mirage on largo, it seem dps is meh, doing about 13k, i'm new at it, but there were 3 more staff mirage that do similar dps, so i think its normal for staff mirage dps?   i remember before patch my shortbow slb can do 15-17k dps on largo.  so i figure staff mirage would be higher.    

8 hours ago, weaponwh.9810 said:

so i just try staff mirage on largo, it seem dps is meh, doing about 13k, i'm new at it, but there were 3 more staff mirage that do similar dps, so i think its normal for staff mirage dps?   i remember before patch my shortbow slb can do 15-17k dps on largo.  so i figure staff mirage would be higher.    

I guess other mirages were new too. Here is the thing, confusion is the big part of why we play mirages there apart from boons. You must know when to press your f2. For example at the very beginning after a few seconds the boss will start dashing and at that moment as he is not activating skills confusion doesn't do damage until he returns, people that don't play mirage well use their f2 right at the beginning as a part of their "opening rota" before the dash so they lose damage. Best thing to do there is to wait with your f2 until he stops dashing and use it there... Same goes the rest of the fight, you need to know the timers when to burst your confusion. Just watch some PoVs on youtube and pay attention when they do what it will surely help you.

It is definitely easier if you have a normal dodge and you dodge mechanics easier. Another problem with staff mirage is that you don't have the axe 3 to dodge the waves easily. With mirage ambush it is more difficult to dodge bubbles too if you are getting hit by mechanics your dps will suffer a lot.

What about soulbeast. Well technically if you feel you can do better on slb then go for it why not. I advise you playing axe dagger with iboga and Superior Rune of the Afflicted if it is possible. Shortbow only build is surely ok but shortbow only does good damage when you flank the boss, I have always trouble flanking TL because they move a lot and platfom forces tank to move the boss too, so you may be better with axe dagger. Iboga and afflicted rune is for the confusion, because confusion is what makes mirages and cchronos strong at largos.

cool thx, 

so my understanding is confusion work best when the boss attack alot, and torment do well when boss stand still?  so basically, for TL or other boss SH etc only shatter when the boss is stand still for period of time?

Edited by weaponwh.9810

18 hours ago, weaponwh.9810 said:

cool thx, 

so my understanding is confusion work best when the boss attack alot, and torment do well when boss stand still?  so basically, for TL or other boss SH etc only shatter when the boss is stand still for period of time?

Yes exactly ! And when boss is moving: he is not attacking. Same about dashing. Another example is Cairn: if you know he is going to dash all over the map then channel the greens don't do f2, wait till he starts attacking again then f2.