Proposed Name Changes For Superior Rune Of The Trapper

Proposed Name Changes For Superior Rune Of The Trapper  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What should rune of the trapper's name be changed to? If you select #6, don't cop-out, explain yourself.

• Superior Rune Of The Stealth God
    • Rune Of The One Ring To Rule Them All Invisibility Effect
    • Superior Rune Of Alien Vs Predator Cloaking Device
    • Rune Of Why Is Dragonhunter Stealthing More Than Thief
    • Superior Rune Of Brokenness
    • Should stay the same name because I feel the rune is balanced and shouldn't be nerfed

5 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You can stealth after the tether.  I mentioned why tethering isn't an indication of the burst above.  Tethering is just a vague indication that you might get burst in the next 10 seconds, with no further indication as to where or when. 

If you get cced you can respond to the cc and dodge immediately after. The CC itself becomes the telegraph. Deadeye also cannot CC you from stealth anymore. They adjusted binding shadow so it reveals you when it is cast now, so no more binding shadow into DJ. All of those options you listed have more time to react than True Shot, which gives you no time to react from stealth as it's currently built. Either you guess you are going to get hit by it and evade preemptively and are right, or you do not for a myriad of different reasons/guess wrong and lose all your hp. 

I will reiterate that losing all my hp for eating true shot is absolutely fine, as long as I can see it.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. Just hope you understand where the mild aggravation is stemming from. 

You have a 3 second window of resolution to use True Shot while your target is tethered. Otherwise it will still not deal a lot of dmg. 

You can out-range the tether to break it.

The guardian won't be in stealth for 10 seconds, if he's on stealth, and you're tethered, that might be an indication.

But most DH won't even bother to stealth True Shot. It's very unpredictable to stealth it as your traps and symbols reveal you during a fight, and LoS, blocks and other concerna are more important than stealthing your cast. 

The stealth aspect is mostly used defensively.

With all that said, LB DH is the only spec that runs with 11k hp atm. It is absurd that it's taking crap from the community.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I don't know why you keep focusing on the damage. I have stated multiple times that I have no issue with it even doing 10k+, but specifically think it needs to be telegraphed so it can be responded to. Even the developers think this, otherwise they wouldn't have given it a cast time and glaring animation. I dont mind getting hit for 100% of my HP on glass, if the thing that was going to hit me was visible or audible at least a quarter second before it hit me. 

that has been the entire point of my argument: if you wish to deal dmg without telegraphing it, you hit a weak 4-5k true shot then do 0 dmg for the next 8 seconds. these 9k/10k hits are impossible to achieve without absurd telegraphing (f1+true shot immediately after before the 3s resolution runs out)

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Lets not pretend it ain't viable for plat though.

ah yes, one player in plat plays the build. very statistically significant. by this logic rifle zerker, core warrior, core engi, and core ele are all overperforming and need to be nerfed

On 6/1/2021 at 5:42 AM, snoow.1694 said:

Not hearing the same about classes you play, because the actual question is - why does Ranger stealth more than Thief?
The sustain capabilities of a Ranger with Smokescale stealth all over the place, allowing them to sustain 2v1‘s and 3v1‘s on sidenode and creating outnumbered situations on the rest of the map, is alot more oppressive to the meta than the sustain of a full glass-canon, 11K HP Drahonhunter with 3 Stealths that instantly reveal you.

I can‘t even comprehend how DH with Trapper Runes is supposed to be somehow „broken“ with Renegade, Soulbeast and Holo outperforming it as roamers in every sort of way

Imagine thinking that ranger has more consistent stealth uptime than d/p meta thief, you really just are out of touch with how classes work and what they have access to.

It's ironic and funny, you don't point out the obvious things. The reality is ONE UTILITY counters DH from ranger. Sic'em, if ranger didn't have that, it would literally be an easy kill for DH.

The question isn't how much uptime of stealth does ranger get or how sicem is the only counter for DH from ranger, it's why does DH have to rely on a cheese rune to be semi-relevant?

DH isn't used in competitive because organization is bigger than knocking off people in ranked. 

DH should actually be buffed in the defensive area and not need to rely on stealth and superspeed from a cheese rune to be good in ranked but you spreading misinformation about multiple classes to try and prove a point for DH does you no favors. It just makes you look bad.

Edited by Tinkerer.2167
  • Like 2