Buy Gems with Visa problem

Hello!

I try to buy gems on black lion trading company, i give everything the game want. On the menu "rewiev your order" i click to confirm and i get an sms authetication to my phone with a code that i should write in a pop up window, but the pup up window only write Visa and a half circle is rotating, and don't show where i should write the authentication code. I wait for a 15 min but nothing changed. I talked with my bank and we tried lot of things but nothing changed and they say the problem is with the gw2 and not with my card. 

I bought gem 3-4 mounth ago and there was no pop up window and was no problem but now i can't buy sadly.

Any idea how to fix it?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 7:48 PM, Malsheem.1794 said:

Dont hold your breath. I reported this May 23 and was told:

"he screen you've reported is now a known issue and we're currently looking into how to resolve this" 

Yeah lol... Im still waiting close to one month now and this is for customers that are outspokenly telling them I CANT GIVE YOU MY MONEY TO BUY PIXELS. Rofl...imagine having an actual issue...

Edited by uzu.7351

Yeah, I have this issue as well. It works when bank's system does not ask for sms confirmation, but when it does - the popup freezes. Seems like the payment system is not prepared to handle such request, but this should've been easily and quickly fixed. For once, if what I've just written is correct, this is not a complex issue, but is definitely one that's literally preventing people from directly giving aNet money. This should be a top priority for them lol

Yup, strictly related to payment validation. Frankly for a lot of banks its always been directly with the bank or some 3rd party sms code confirmation... Its just something they did after a recent patch. I have a successful payment in 22 May or smthing like that but I couldnt pay at the end of May/start of June. Bank sees transactions pending "handshake" from retailer but on the GW2 client side that doesnt register. Thats whats strange to me. It did work. I bought stuff and then I couldnt with the exact same system. The one thing that changed was anet rolling out one of the patches sometime during end of May.

One workaround I can suggest, is to take paypal option. You can pay with card over there, without account (despite the popup on the first page). It will handle the purchase well, with the confirmation code, and depending on your bank (this is the case for me but might work differently in other banks) the next visa purchase might not require the code.

This is not an ideal solution, as one might not necessarily want to give card details to yet another third party, but it does work for now. I'm hoping ANet will really fix this soon.

13 hours ago, PsiQss.6927 said:

One workaround I can suggest, is to take paypal option. You can pay with card over there, without account (despite the popup on the first page). It will handle the purchase well, with the confirmation code, and depending on your bank (this is the case for me but might work differently in other banks) the next visa purchase might not require the code.

This is not an ideal solution, as one might not necessarily want to give card details to yet another third party, but it does work for now. I'm hoping ANet will really fix this soon.

Thanks, that is clear that there are options to buy gems for a larger cost but that is beyond the point entirely.

Leaving the issue itself aside (i.e. using added protection for the payer), it is now more than a month... this is terrible feedback and looks to me like a complete disregard of customer issues. As this is related to payments which is generally a category prioritized by just about any company out there, I genuinely dread to think how long it would take to help with other problems, such as for example losing my account, getting hacked, etc.... I am sorry but this is quite disheartening.

Indeed, for posterity, people encountering the issue may do the following thing : Go to your Temp folder, find Gw2cache, and delete it, launch the game, and then try again.

Support advised me to do so, and it worked. 

In case it doesn't, you wont lose much, the cache is essentially recreated when you launch the game.

Just posting this as another thing to try...

I recently had the other issue when buying gems, where it briefly shows a red error message like "unfortunately an error occurred, please try again later" at the top of the window when you try to pay (either credit card or PayPal).  The thing that fixed it for me was logging into my account on the website and removing all of the networks from Account > Security > Authorized Networks, and not saving my current network when logging into the game with 2FA.  Who knows why, but that fixed it for me, so that's another thing to try if you're getting the red error message issue.  Otherwise... best to contact the billing team!

Hi, dropping by to say I tried today for the last time and its still, after 2 months, not working to make payments in the shop using Visa or I suspect any kind of more serious bank that offers their own payment approval as per new banking law in Europe. I have double checked with the bank and the payment is initiated on their end but the retailer is not accepting the handshake. i.e. Digital River and Anet are not giving a rats kitten about this issue. This lack of interest in this issue has kind of been the last straw.

Finally, to everyone recommending that users contact the billing team, frankly I couldn't care less what kind of billing team, system or team of outsourced clowns are contracted for this. I bought the game from Anet and I expect an e2e support from Anet, I do not care to be bounced around various support teams that I personally would have to contact (wow!) as if we were still somehow stuck in the year 1990. Sorry but get your act together.

Edited by uzu.7351
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I also tried today, am from EU so have the same banking law that I fully support since it offers more security. Tried with a visa card, nada! They put my money on hold but never got the gems. I have a ticket raised and am very curious on what they have to say. Its so stupid tbh, like this payment method works for like small apps for my apartment utilities and it won’t work for a big company! Fix your kitten anet wtf :)))

ps: wow does not have this issue at all! 

• Like 1