I need to come up with two sets of gear

So I'm collecting exotic gear and I have two sets.

One set is vipers for my condi renegade and will be used for fractals and raids.

The other set is berserkers for WvW, renegade roaming and herald hammer

I'm having trouble finding runes recommended on metabattle on the trading post.

Could you recommend runes for my vipers and runes for my berserkers? Something found on the trading post and hopefully cheap?

thx

For WvW, there's two good options.  Superior Rune of Durability is used on the berserker sets, but it also quite hard to acquire.  The other is the Superior Rune of Fireworks, which is about 2.5 gold per rune on the Trading Post right now.

For the Viper set, you'll want x6 Superior Rune of Nightmare.  This is obtained by running the Twilight Arbor Dungeon and buying them.  It can take a few days, but otherwise they aren't too hard to get.  If you have to get something now and don't want to wait, Superior Rune of the Elementalist is on the TP for about 3.5 gold each right now.  

• Like 2

While you can't buy the durability rune from the trading post, you can buy it directly from the heroics notary in wvw for proofs/testimonies of heroics. Depending on how much wvw you have already played (and thus testimonies gathered) this might actually be the cheaper option.

Also be aware that exotic gear will not get you far into Fractals, since those need agony resistance that can only be slotted into ascended or legendary gear (with the exception of a handful of special items like crafting backpacks). If you really are asking about exotic gear (and it's not just a typo), then look for some cheaper alternative to nightmare/elementalist, because you will switch out the gear for ascended long before a best-in-slot rune makes any difference.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nope.6073 said:

I'm having trouble finding runes recommended on metabattle on the trading post.

Not every rune is tradeable. Some must either be crafted or collected with Dungeon currency.

GW2 Wiki will tell you the respective method(s) of acquisition. For your Viper's build, it's likely this one, I assume?

Edited by Ashantara.8731

Follow up question.

I see that runes have six features you unlock by affixing six runes. Say 6 Superior Runes of the Nightmare.

What do you do with the slots on jewelry and accessories?

Or should you affix more than six of Superior Rune of the Nightmare?

• Like 1