How to get some profit out of the leg GS change?

So ive got a bound Twillight, and an unbound Sunrise.

What should i do?

craft eternity and sell it before the update?

craft eternity and sell it after the update?

craft eternity after the update?

sell Sunrise?

so how do get the most profit out of this?

• Haha 1

if u sell b4 update, nothing changes.. u get 0 legy gs on your armory

if u sell after update(ie if u craft it in mystic forge), u get 0 legy gs in your armory (I believe the gs gets removed from armory)

and if u craft eternity with the tokens after update, u get account bound legy that u cant sell and u get 3 skins for the legy gs and u get 2 legy gs in armory

few details are still not yet released by anet.. we'll get to know them once we get the updates.. like will all legy in our inventory,bank tabs get bound automatically? or will it show popup to add to armory? or it gets added once we manually use it or rightclick add to wardrobe/addto armory or something like that...

but its always clear, u can't trick the system to get unfair advantages over others ie b4 armory and after armory...

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871

Notice, how it's almost certain you won't actually be able to craft and sell eternity after the update. There will be two recipes: one using actual, unbound weapons, and another, using tokens you'll get from bound ones. The current recipe produces unbound Eternity, but the token one will make a bound (and such unsellable) one. And your twilight is bound.

So, you have several options:

1. you bind Sunrise, and after update craft eternity using tokens, ending up with 3 legendary GSes in armory

2. you craft and bind Eternity now, ending up with one legendary GS (or three, according to one dev post that claims you will do, in fact, get Sunrise and Twilight in the armoury if you'll posess a bound eternity the moment the patch hits), and nothing to sell.

3. you craft Eternity and do not bind it. In which case you will be able to sell it, either before or after the patch hits. Notice, that is the abovementioned note is true, it's probably better to buy eternity before patch (as it's not sure how it actually will work later on). If you do sell it, you will end up with no legendary GSes. If you bind it after the patch, see the uncertainty above (it's likely you will end up with Eternity only).

Those are the main options, assuming you do not want to craft additional sunrise or twilight

• Like 1

From what we know today, and there is some unkown factors here, these are your options:

1. bind both Sunrise and Twilight, but keep them both as is. Then once the armory hits, you will get 2 tokens and can craft Eternity (account bound) as 3rd legendary greatsword. Net result: 3 legendary greatswords.

2a. keep bound Twilight, don't bind Sunrise. This will depend on if the tokens system will remain post patch, or if it is a 1 time thing (aka you don't get tokens in the future if you bind a Sunrise or Twilight). If you do get tokens, nothing changes, you can bind Twilight, then craft Eternity with the tokens. Net result: 3 legendary greatswords

2b. if the tokens are temporary (aka you will not get tokens for binding S or T post patch), you will now have to use Sunrise with the Twilight token to craft Eternity. Binding Sunrise would make it go into your armory thus making it unavailable to craft Eternity. Net result: 2 legendary greatswords (Twilight with either Sunrise or Eternity)

3. bind Sunrise, craft Eternity now pre patch. Sell Eternity on the TP. Net result: 0 legendary greatswords (only the respective skins of Sunrise and Twilight)

The main factor here is our lack of information on how these tokens will behave.

With the knowledge we have now, there is no option for you to make gold AND retain access to a legendary item (aka you need to craft Eternity pre patch).

Edited by Cyninja.2954

12 hours ago, Catmander Neko.5643 said:
I don't see where the CS agent said that 😉 They just said they wouldn't be removed, not that they wouldn't be added. Rest assured, we considered current Eternity owners alongside future ones when developing the armory. Auto-converted Eternity's will grant a Sunrise and Twilight unlock in your legendary armory as well. Make no mistake, the edge case that is Eternity has been a nightmare to work around, but I believe we've got it pretty well handled. The Armory is a somewhat complex feature and some of the details (like this and other edge cases) were a little too nuanced to include in the blog post.

this just in from the other thread.

So it seems Eternity will reward Sunrise and Twilight in the armory. As such the options become a lot simpler:

1. craft Eternity at any given point, bind it and acquire Sunrise/Twilight (I'd probably play it safe and bind both gs first, then craft Eternity post patch)

2. craft Eternity pre patch to sell.

I have both sunrise and twilight bound so it seems on patch day i will have 2 GS in armory. Then if i craft Eternity i will have 3 greatswords? Are we sure about that? Wouldnt it just be one GS (Eternity) and then just have 3 skins unlocked?

I mean not that i equip 2 GS at the same time but you never know. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus.3192 said:

I have both sunrise and twilight bound so it seems on patch day i will have 2 GS in armory. Then if i craft Eternity i will have 3 greatswords? Are we sure about that? Wouldnt it just be one GS (Eternity) and then just have 3 skins unlocked?

I mean not that i equip 2 GS at the same time but you never know. 

You will have all 3 in the armory. Confirmed by dev post and people asking CS.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

this just in from the other thread.

So it seems Eternity will reward Sunrise and Twilight in the armory. As such the options become a lot simpler:

1. craft Eternity at any given point, bind it and acquire Sunrise/Twilight (I'd probably play it safe and bind both gs first, then craft Eternity post patch)

2. craft Eternity pre patch to sell.

Notice, that the case mentioned is only about auto-converted Eternity. So, one that will be already crafted and bound the moment patch hits. We do not know what is going to happen with Eternities crafted/bound after that point.