Should there be OOC weapon/build template cooldown restrictions?

Andy.5981

On 7/13/2021 at 2:06 PM, Andy.5981 said:

Bit like me, but I have had opponents who clearly have altered their build/weapon set very quickly when they've fled and then returned to combat.

I had a power chrono do that to me by swapping to condi mirage. Not once, but twice. I was playing power chrono too...

I don't think there should be a cooldown because a few people want to be lame. Those people probably just end up confusing themselves anyhow.

This would be a disaster for roaming balance.

I.e someone is running around on a trailblazer core necro that is unkillable and does absurd condi damage - your only viable option is to out of combat and switch to an equally absurd build and run as many cleanses as possible with antitoxin rune. Otherwise you can't even fight them bc their build is so insanely broken. Edit: mind you I'm an ele main and this is true for most ele builds, doesn't necessarily apply to every class.

I've never had any issues with ppl swapping builds before a fight because most of my builds are designed to have a decent shot at fighting a majority of the builds I could potentially come across.

Edited by solemn.9608

3 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

Otherwise you can't even fight them bc their build is so insanely broken. Edit: mind you I'm an ele main and this is true for most ele builds, doesn't necessarily apply to every class.

It's true, eles nowadays run condi immune immortal barrier builds, they definetly require you to change build just as much as fighting immortal core necros. That type of ele build is literally the only one I would need to change from condi to power if I want to beat them because it's practically impossible otherwise - core necros are a very hard target to handle on the same condi build but they are easy relative to eles.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, solemn.9608 said:

This would be a disaster for roaming balance.

I.e someone is running around on a trailblazer core necro that is unkillable and does absurd condi damage - your only viable option is to out of combat and switch to an equally absurd build and run as many cleanses as possible with antitoxin rune. Otherwise you can't even fight them bc their build is so insanely broken. Edit: mind you I'm an ele main and this is true for most ele builds, doesn't necessarily apply to every class.

I've never had any issues with ppl swapping builds before a fight because most of my builds are designed to have a decent shot at fighting a majority of the builds I could potentially come across.

I, too, would like the option to counter my counter.