Yo ANet, Why Can Mirage Give 10-Person Alacrity But -Chrono-mancer Can't?

PseudoOAlias.4279

As a recent Mesmer convert, I agree with the premise that Chrono support should be 10 man as well. I never liked Chrono support, and they only made it more cumbersome, but for those who enjoy it, I hope they make it stronger support than Mirage. Mirage is a very flexible class, very enjoyable, and Chrono can be played as a support or power burst, and with Virtuoso coming in as a power burst class, I'd hope they buff Chrono support some for it's release. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Loboling.5293 said:

Mirage is a very flexible class, very enjoyable, and Chrono can be played as a support or power burst, and with Virtuoso coming in as a power burst class, I'd hope they buff Chrono support some for it's release. 

I'm sorry but Mirage being flexible class has to be a joke, it was almost none existence in pve before the may patch, as it only a condi dps, and what's even worth is the only two conditions it put out consistently well are confusion and torment, which were two jokes of condition until may patch made at least torment busted. And the only versatility added by the may patch for mirage was alac and 25 might, which was a stupid boon to add to mirage for both thematic reason and the way it applies said boon, and it is also worse than alac ren in every shape of forms expect it gives better might. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

I'm sorry but Mirage being flexible class has to be a joke, it was almost none existence in pve before the may patch, as it only a condi dps, and what's even worth is the only two conditions it put out consistently well are confusion and torment, which were two jokes of condition until may patch made at least torment busted. And the only versatility added by the may patch for mirage was alac and 25 might, which was a stupid boon to add to mirage for both thematic reason and the way it applies said boon, and it is also worse than alac ren in every shape of forms expect it gives better might. 

I'm not saying Mirage had lots of flexibility in Raids & Fractals. But the way the spec was designed, allowed you to make power, condi & more defensive builds with it. If they hadn't added mirage skills for power weapons, you'd have a point. But Power Mirage rips through the open world so fast, it's a ton of fun. It was also viable as a power build in pvp for a while (before nerf). And they've made a few changes, and suddenly Mirage even has a place in End Game content. 

I think Mirage is more Flexible than Chrono. The only classes that are more flexible that were released were:
-Firebrand
-Holo
-Soulbeast
-Weaver
-Renegade

Not saying Mirage is the most flexible class, but it is a flexible class that doesn't define itself as a power or condi build, but a class that can mix and match as it needs. 

I enjoy Chrono as a power burst (less so a support), but I'm certainly not going to roll condi chrono. Not when Mirage exists or even core mesmer. 

Anyway, this is veering far from the topic. I agree that making mirage into a support, while increasing it's  flexibility, it's a strange choice. I'd rather see Chrono be the designated support.

• Like 2

Power mirage is a meme used mainly by openworld GS farmers. I'm not sure why you state mirage is more flexible.

There's essentially three places you want to run condi/alac mirage over chrono:
* TL (high attack rate, evade spam helps)
* SH (high attack rate, low scholar uptime, AoE spam plus staff ambush hits wurms)
* Matthias (because power is garbage here)

Cairn you could run power chrono as well if you have stability but the difficulty is such that it doesn't matter most of the time.

For fractals it's even narrower, basically Sunqua Peak and maybe Mai Trin (confusion procs a lot , but life steal is even better if shield is up so renegade is still better).

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 7:44 AM, Loboling.5293 said:

I'm not saying Mirage had lots of flexibility in Raids & Fractals. But the way the spec was designed, allowed you to make power, condi & more defensive builds with it. If they hadn't added mirage skills for power weapons, you'd have a point. But Power Mirage rips through the open world so fast, it's a ton of fun. It was also viable as a power build in pvp for a while (before nerf). And they've made a few changes, and suddenly Mirage even has a place in End Game content. 

I think Mirage is more Flexible than Chrono. The only classes that are more flexible that were released were:
-Firebrand
-Holo
-Soulbeast
-Weaver
-Renegade

Not saying Mirage is the most flexible class, but it is a flexible class that doesn't define itself as a power or condi build, but a class that can mix and match as it needs. 

I enjoy Chrono as a power burst (less so a support), but I'm certainly not going to roll condi chrono. Not when Mirage exists or even core mesmer. 

Anyway, this is veering far from the topic. I agree that making mirage into a support, while increasing it's  flexibility, it's a strange choice. I'd rather see Chrono be the designated support.

Well if you use open world as the criteria to determine whether a class is flexible in terms of power or condi then every single class is flexible. As long as you have enough stats to boost, everything will die fast in open world. There is no way they added power ambush so mirage can be flexible, the power ambush is there is simply because condi ambush on power weapon make even less sense, and no way they only add ambush to condi weapon.

If a class is flexible, it should be reflected in mechanic and traits, mirage is only flexible in mechanic in that there is power ambush, but the traits are very much only condi (despite IH being a versatile trait on paper, any mesmer player should know that power on clones is like attacking other with a feather, you are only going to make the laugh).

The mechanic of mirage in the sense of new skills are similar to berserker as they both get new skill based on their main hand weapon, so they get both condi and power, however condi berserker is successful where as power mirage is not is solely due to there are trait which are useful for condi for berserker such as the one that burn when you get fire aura, as well as minor trait that increase both power and condi while mirage's minor trait only increase condi and no power related trait.

Edited by AXLIB.8425

10 hours ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

The mechanic of mirage in the sense of new skills are similar to berserker as they both get new skill based on their main hand weapon, so they get both condi and power, however condi berserker is successful where as power mirage is not is solely due to there are trait which are useful for condi for berserker such as the one that burn when you get fire aura, as well as minor trait that increase both power and condi while mirage's minor trait only increase condi and no power related trait.

While you are right about Mirage traits, power Mirage mainly suffers from Clones historically being more useful for condition builds. If IH wasn't a thing, those two playstyles would be way more balanced.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:20 AM, AXLIB.8425 said:

Well if you use open world as the criteria to determine whether a class is flexible in terms of power or condi then every single class is flexible. As long as you have enough stats to boost, everything will die fast in open world. There is no way they added power ambush so mirage can be flexible, the power ambush is there is simply because condi ambush on power weapon make even less sense, and no way they only add ambush to condi weapon.

If a class is flexible, it should be reflected in mechanic and traits, mirage is only flexible in mechanic in that there is power ambush, but the traits are very much only condi (despite IH being a versatile trait on paper, any mesmer player should know that power on clones is like attacking other with a feather, you are only going to make the laugh).

Mirage dodge is revolutionary in GW2, and we saw several nerfs to it, particularly in pvp. Mirage is simply better with a greatsword. Greatsword ambush with 3 clones active is fastest and best AoE vulnerability application and the damage itself is also pretty high. After a greatsword ambush with 3 clones active, the consequent shatter will deal insane damage. On top of this, using a sigil that fully restores your endurance on kill will seal deal. Note that on top of the greatsword ambush, if specced right, every  dodge gives you protection and regeneration as well and dodging as Mirage interrupts nothing. So, while the focus of Mirage is on Condi, this simple mechanic lets it deal more power damage with greatsword and be able to evade majority of attacks, allowing it to go full damage. Support was the only reason I would pick Chrono over Mirage, and it seems that is also an invalid reason. Though, a melee power Chrono is probably still better, but that's a very limited use of the class and not even that good.

Edited by Nezekan.2671