node farming class

czerwoni.9563

whats your optimal node farming for rich node run on gw2efficiency, i wanna use mesmer because of portals. this is for node farming since i failed to specify it last time lol learned there are lots of farming methods and im beginning to separate my characters into specific categories with gear for the specific things they do, lots of fun for me lol

made this poll to see what people are running, just curious lol maybe some other player might find help here too.

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@mtpelion.4562 said:I used to run Revenant for the perma swiftness, but mounts have made that unnecessary.

im still new to rev, how does one perma swift? i know i can do it on thief lol thats what i used to do but ya lol

Using the Herald elite spec and keeping the Facet of Elements up. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Facet_of_Elements

I use my ranger for farming runs. I like the good movement speed when on foot (though mounts make that less critical a consideration). I also like having a pet that I can use to reposition and distract mobs, then call off or swap out to escape aggro, unlike necro minions, which hold onto aggro, or mesmer clones, which mostly don't offer a way to move mobs off nodes.

I prefer to use ranger. If you don’t have PoF, rangers have good speed boosts. Other than that, the ability to use your pet to agro mob(s) by nodes while you harvest and then to swap pets to drop agro is useful. I also use traps and the healing spring when I need to melee mobs, or I drop traps while running to cripple mobs following me on my way to a node.

@thehipone.6812 said:Either Rev or guard. Mounts have helped level out all classes. Coffee helps, but has a recharge. Rev has easy quickness application while guard has less quickness, but aegis to keep you out of combat.

I use Guardian; that's my main. The choice is as much that as utility. Aegis is key though. I can mount up, sprint/leap/port/etc to the node, dismount with start of the harvest and Aegis may get spent if a mob tags in. Most times, I can mount up again prior to the second attack from the mob and get out of there. If there's more than one mob pulled or something that attacks quickly/has an AoE that lands, I don't get to recognize the benefits. Stay and fight or flee on foot and mount when I can.

Archived