Game is hurting my computer with constant crashes.

Since the last couple of days I have been afflicted with many crashes during random times, be they when I try to open the trading post, when I enter a teamfight in WvW, and even when I try for Pinata.

I have repaired the game cilent, deleted the cache when i switched from windows 8 to 10, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It still crashes.

Now, your game is hurting my computer. This recent crash hit so hard my computer locked up and reset.

This is unacceptable. Fix your game. I want to be excited for End of Dragons but just so you know scalping has made building a new computer extremely difficult, and this computer is certainly past its time, but I've done well to preserve it. I've tested other high-end games and they all work fine. And yet Guild Wars 2 is constantly crashing.

I want answers. I want solutions. Now.

I had a similar issue in the past, only GW2 and online video would crash, no other game would.
Make sure GPU heat sink is securely attached, mine had a small heat sink on a gRAM/controller near the main heat sink the factory had forgot to tighten, GPU crash looked similar to tilting a cartridge on consoles.

6 hours ago, LezardValeth.9453 said:

Since the last couple of days I have been afflicted with many crashes during random times, be they when I try to open the trading post, when I enter a teamfight in WvW, and even when I try for Pinata.

I have repaired the game cilent, deleted the cache when i switched from windows 8 to 10, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It still crashes.

Now, your game is hurting my computer. This recent crash hit so hard my computer locked up and reset.

This is unacceptable. Fix your game. I want to be excited for End of Dragons but just so you know scalping has made building a new computer extremely difficult, and this computer is certainly past its time, but I've done well to preserve it. I've tested other high-end games and they all work fine. And yet Guild Wars 2 is constantly crashing.

I want answers. I want solutions. Now.

No issues with the game on my end.

So the issue is with your Hardware or Drivers. If your computer is past it's time I think you've got your answer.

Fyi the only real way to get solutions is to have someone troubleshoot in person. You'll need to look at event logs or submit the crash report to GW2 support.

So the game isn't hurting your computer , your computer is causing the game to crash .....

Good luck

Edited by Mack.3045
  • Thanks 2

I have to say I've had the same issues to the point where I thought my RAM had fritzed on me. I built my PC about a month ago (not my first time either)  so I know it's not my end.

At some point an update or patch has screwed a few of us over, constant network disconnects, client freezes and worst case scenario, PC resetting.

I use AMD Software to install all my drivers and it was working fine until a few days ago. I have un/reinstalled it and the drivers and the problems still exist. That's why i'm writing this. My client just lost connection again and now my launcher won't launch.

No firewalls are active, no antivirus, nothing i have an open network.

What's worse is I'm on the last story chapter too 🥺

I am still having the issue as well. At first I thought it was my drivers too. I updated them and went almost a week with no crash. But now the game has been locking up and forcing me to either reset my computer or fiddle my way to log out of the computer and log back in.

One time, while doing the Auric Basin main event, all of the sudden my computer's screen just zoomed in so much to where only a portion of my desktop was visible. I've seen that happen in other games like jedi academy, but never guild wars.

8 minutes ago, LezardValeth.9453 said:

I am still having the issue as well. At first I thought it was my drivers too. I updated them and went almost a week with no crash. But now the game has been locking up and forcing me to either reset my computer or fiddle my way to log out of the computer and log back in.

One time, while doing the Auric Basin main event, all of the sudden my computer's screen just zoomed in so much to where only a portion of my desktop was visible. I've seen that happen in other games like jedi academy, but never guild wars.

Did you check to make sure all your hardware was properly secured like the person above said? Also a crash log is incredibly helpful for stuff like this.

12 minutes ago, Dante.1763 said:

Did you check to make sure all your hardware was properly secured like the person above said? Also a crash log is incredibly helpful for stuff like this.

Yes, and I've sent plenty of crash logs with no response.

I was considering buying more ram in order to reduce the stress on the memory. If anyone is an expert on motherboards then let me show you what Mobos I use, as well as the ram I am currently using.

Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory

I know these days 8 GB don't cut it anymore, but I've never had an any issues. Perhaps with the computer aging it is starting to become an issue.

However, according to the manual for my motherboard, I am unsure if I can just buy two more of the same memory and just install them on the other two slots. Let me quote what the manual says:

"This motherboard comes with four Double Data Rate 3 (DDR3) Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets. A DDR3 module is notched differently from a DDR or DDR2 module. Do not install a DDR or DDR2 memory module to the DDR3 slot."

When I clean my computer I do notice that the other two ram slots seem different than the others. If you need an image of the motherboard you can copy and paste Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.

Hello. I wouldn't waste your time getting new ram untill the CPU, Motherboard, existing Ram, GPU and PSU ( power supply ) is tested for faults. Unfortunately it's a process of elimination. 

It could be your CPU cooler or fans failing and an overheating issue.

You could go out and buy 16gb of Ram whack it in and still have the same issues.

At this point either get a friend who's very tech savvy with PC's to troubleshoot for you or take it to a PC repair shop.

I should add the running the -repair extension hasn't helped. My client is losing connection again (that's why i'm back here)

I would add that 8GB of RAM is more than enough to run Guild Wars. It's quite light for a game.

Addendum* I am guesting in Desolation of Woe's server and no problems. Ping 43.

Aura Glade's (home server) hit an average ping of 480ms

Edited by SouthPaw.9705