Please add unique mount skins as achievements

Achievement specific mount skins  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Add achievement specific mount skins in the game?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

If I could buy 5 dollars in gems a month I would but you cant

Even so, I would wager that a $5/month sub fee would cost Anet more to implement than it would be worth.  Probably the reason most other sub models start higher than $5/mo.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Even so, I would wager that a $5/month sub fee would cost Anet more to implement than it would be worth.  Probably the reason most other sub models start higher than $5/mo.

You know what i wish they would do, have variable gem prices starting at 5 dollars so I can put a little toward gems each month.

They need to add more meaningful account bound on acquire rewards in general. Even legendaries aren't anything special to me even though i have crafted quite a few of them, simply because i know some rich guy can just swipe his credit card and get everything i have right away. I get Anet needs to make money, but at least give us a few more rewards that i can actually feel good about getting. Been years since i dropped something and thought "hey, that's effin cool". 

I'm sure ingame mount skins would actually pull more FFXIV and WoW players to the game ultimately making Anet more money in the long run. Also allow me to filter out gemstore skins from my wardrobe pls, so that i can easily tell what skins i'm missing that are actually obtainable ingame by playing the actual game that you made. I love to spend money on your game Anet, but i also want meaningful rewards in game that i can feel good about spending my time collecting 🙂 

Edited by Bjarkov.9751
  • Like 2

Something I've noticed about the way they do mount skins is that they'll make a variant (like the Griffons with crow beaks or the skinny Springers), and then release a handful of thematic skins using that variant as a base. To preserve the profitability of skins while also rewarding gameplay, they could release the first variant skin as a reward earned in-game with fancier versions of that variant being gem purchases. They could even offer the variant in the shop alongside it being in-game attainable for those who'd prefer to buy it straight off.

So, for example, let's say they give us a squirrel Springer variant you can earn in game, then the shop would have a spiked, flaming, prismatic, primordial etc. squirrel Springer. Your basic squirrel would incentivize whatever content you apply it to as a reward while also giving people a taste for that variant that they may chase after when they see more versions of it in the shop.

tl;dr: For each new variant model that gets released for an existing mount, make the most basic one available as an in-game reward of some kind in addition to its cash shop availability. Place any further versions of that variant in the shop.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Something I've noticed about the way they do mount skins is that they'll make a variant (like the Griffons with crow beaks or the skinny Springers), and then release a handful of thematic skins using that variant as a base. To preserve the profitability of skins while also rewarding gameplay, they could release the first variant skin as a reward earned in-game with fancier versions of that variant being gem purchases. They could even offer the variant in the shop alongside it being in-game attainable for those who'd prefer to buy it straight off.

So, for example, let's say they give us a squirrel Springer variant you can earn in game, then the shop would have a spiked, flaming, prismatic, primordial etc. squirrel Springer. Your basic squirrel would incentivize whatever content you apply it to as a reward while also giving people a taste for that variant that they may chase after when they see more versions of it in the shop.

tl;dr: For each new variant model that gets released for an existing mount, make the most basic one available as an in-game reward of some kind in addition to its cash shop availability. Place any further versions of that variant in the shop.

not a bad idea, I think the thing that would have to differentiate earned in game mounts versus bought would be limiting the earned skins to 1 dye channel, and have the bought ones to have 4 dye channels. 

this would mean that anyone with the base model would look very much the same, as we see with the current mounts. 

I don’t really feel that the game needs new mount skins that can be earned in game however. Ultimately it would create a new pain point for people to complain about ‘I have to do what for that free skin?!?!?’  

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
Added thoughts….
  • Confused 3