These elixirs kinda suck

Tobias.8632

2 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I case I am missing something where is anything about what the amount healed is mentioned? All I can find is that you will be healed and the health comes from your LF.  

It's a 1:1 healing interaction but not percentage based. The shroud degens at a rate of 3% but you are not healed for 3% of your health, you are healed for the numerical value that 3% of your shroud is. This means that when Blight affects your LF bar you get less healing as well.

2 hours ago, DragonFury.6243 said:

you are not getting it 

its true if you enter shroud immediatly after using elixirs

lets say you have 1000 LF pool if you use elixir and you didnt enter shroud your LF pool will be 900 (decrease by 10%) and if blight expire your LF pool will go back to 1000 but your LF will still be 900 and additional LF is used to heal you back that is my point .

same example LP pool is 1000 max if you exit shroud at max blight your LF pool will be 500 max (decreased by 50%) if you use LF generation skill of lets say 20% you will get 100 LF that is 20% of the max 500 LF pool but after blight expire your LF pool will be back at 1000 max nut your LF will be only 100 (10%)

so TLDR using LF generation skill while having blight will be less efficient 

using elixir will come with a penalty to the LF

So the question is, does LF degen by max LF amount or current amount? If it's 3% of max LF then I do see the problem that you are pointing out but if it's 3% of whatever amount you have then I guess you always get 20 seconds regardless of what and it doesn't work like that so I guess it is 3% of max.

Omg that means not only does your healing due to LF degen go down by a lot but so does your LF regen.

That's a massive nerf to both offense and sustain due to Blight affecting LF bar.

I don't know if this is something they even thought about that's insane. They really need to decouple the LF bar from Blight.

22 minutes ago, DraconusShade.4590 said:

It's a 1:1 healing interaction but not percentage based. The shroud degens at a rate of 3% but you are not healed for 3% of your health, you are healed for the numerical value that 3% of your shroud is. This means that when Blight affects your LF bar you get less healing as well.

And where are you getting the 3%. That's what I mean, I haven't seen anything that reads lose 3% of your lf and regain that as health. Which is why I said have i missed something , since at no point do we see how it interacts with anything besides full health and 0 blight.

The math is easy but I haven't seen anything that indicates "this is the interaction". We know its 1:1 but what those are I haven't seen. It could be a flat value or x% of something. e.g. heal for X + (Y * Z healing power coeff ) and lose this much LF, lose X% lf and gain that much health etc

I guess we will find out tomorrow. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

How would you feel about aside from being able to throw them offensively (Which alone would be one heck of an improvement, having to judge is it better to use it for the boons/blight or inflict condis on foes) it also applied a lesser version of blight on foes when thrown. Reducing their max hp for a few seconds but increasing their damage against you? Not the same amount that blight does to us but say, and just throwing a number out for example, 10% less max hp but 5% increased damage to you for 5 seconds, with the blight effects diminishing each tick with the stronger the elixir the stronger the blight effect on the enemy. Leaving the ult to be 20% reduced hp and 10% increased damage to you. Personally I think it would pair well with Harbinger's high risk - high reward gameplay. (EDIT: For bosses it'd just negate the HP loss and instead deal break bar damage. When used against players only 1 blight debuff can be applied to a player at a time.)

Aside from that I think it also would've been nice to have an elixir that altered the next weapon skill used after consuming it. We don't have to drink or throw everything. Elixirs could interact with inanimate objects as well, specialized ammo, altering the field of battle, etc. Imagine if there was an elixir to disintegrate a wall temporarily so we could pass through. (OP as hell most likely but just using it as an example of ways to use elixirs besides drinking for boons.)

Edited by Chemistral.7318