New Stat combo request: Condi-Concentration

Currently support specs are mostly restricted to power builds with stats like diviners and there are really sub par options for condi like the reworked celestial gear set. I would like to see an equivalent stat set to the diviner gear for condi.

With the expansion coming in the next half year I wanted to suggest that we get the following new stat combo set:
Major: Concentration
Minor: Condition, Expertise

This would allow for people to adjust their concentration for as high as they feel is useful while retaining the useful condition and expertise stats while still being able to combine them with other sets according to their needs giving a bigger diversity in viable support builds.

• Like 3

I don't think we need this attribute combination.

If you want a Condition/Boon Support Harbinger, Plaguedoctor's should be good enough.

It also contains Vitality to offset the squishiness caused by the Blight mechanic and make use of the Vitality conversion traits.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I don't think we need this attribute combination.

If you want a Condition/Boon Support Harbinger, Plaguedoctor's should be good enough.

It also contains Vitality to offset the squishiness caused by the Blight mechanic and make use of the Vitality conversion traits.

For Harbinger specifically, yeah, most (almost all?) of their condition damage seems to be from Torment so you could validly ignore the Expertise stat, use runes of tormenting (also great for offsetting that squishiness) and you’re good to go.

Judging by the trend of having significant boon abilities *and* significant condition damage though (looks like 2 out of 3 specs so far…) some stat sets like…

Condi major/Concentration minor/Expertise minor

Condi major/Concentration major/Expertise minor/Vitality minor 

would not go amiss! Thinking of the professions that apply lots of different conditions here: rev, ranger, engi…

Might be good on some existing builds too. I mean, not that I have an agenda or anything. I definitely don’t main revenant. Innocent eyes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sikil.9817 said:

Judging by the trend of having significant boon abilities *and* significant condition damage though (looks like 2 out of 3 specs so far…) some stat sets like…

Condi major/Concentration minor/Expertise minor

Condi major/Concentration major/Expertise minor/Vitality minor

would not go amiss!Thinking of the professions that apply lots of different conditions here: rev, ranger, engi…

Might be good on some existing builds too. I mean, not that I have an agenda or anything. I definitely don’t main revenant. Innocent eyes

I don't think any stat combinations of this kind would be healthy for the game at all.

If anything, conditions need to be toned down, not get additional bloat by being good at boon support on top of their conditions.

If Arenanet added those combinations, it'd be equal to flipping all the birds they have towards the people who prefer power builds, which already are doing less than condition builds, while requiring more stats.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 1

I can't deny you've got a point.

And the best I can come up with is "abolish ferocity, then" which would come with all sorts of difficulties...

Edit: as wild ideas to make strike and condition DPS require the same number of stats go, perhaps "make conditions able to critically hit[1]" would be better than "abolish ferocity". It would avoid making viper's into the only DPS stat set and might need fewer changes to other things. It would still require a daunting amount of work to re-number almost everything condition related though.

[1] without scaling with ferocity

Edited by Sikil.9817
Elaborating

Yeah I was definitely more thinking about existing classes like the Revenant and not lost causes like the Harbinger.

Idk why you'd think this would make condi builds too strong either. Having concentration instead of the typical damage stats is a major loss of damage even compared with the power stats that integrate quite well with full diviners gear as is having condition as a minor stat.

The usual condi gear is full vipers which relies on condi but also has some power damage. It's obviously not the major aspect for why you'd run a condi build but it's not irrelevant damage either.
I can see how having a 3 stat combination with condition and expertise might be a stronger alternative than what we already have though so giving it a 4th stat (anything but toughness, please) would be fine imo

The problem you're talking about is just that condi damage atm is just really strong after some of the recent updates but that hasn't always been the case and if that should be the case or not is a different question

On 8/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, HokenPWNZ.7628 said:

Just a little bit better

Firebrand can already get away with running full vipers with firebrand runes perfectly fine without the need for any stat changes
(at least as long as alacrity is present) so i don't think having different gear would make it stronger tbh.

• Thanks 1