Dark Discipline Heal

Obtena.7952

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I can't figure out how this heal works. LF drain in combat is 5% and with my current LF that means 815. Depending on the situation, I heal for about 440 and looks like it can happen multiple times a second according to the log. Anyone know the details?

It heals your Health, but when you are out of shroud, you are also gaining back vitality, which happens as blight expires on you. It heals your health by consuming Life Force.

I havn't observed this happening more than once a second. But thats what it says on the skill so any other kind of behaviour could be a bug.

OK so I played around a bit more ... Dark Disciple heals are a function of vitality. Full Carrion with Soul Reaping trait was about 1K passive heal outside of Shroud. This spec offers a massive sustain over time function and allows multiple ways to approach it. It's not clear how heal power affects the heal on Dark Disciple.

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

OK so I played around a bit more ... Dark Disciple heals are a function of vitality. Full Carrion with Soul Reaping trait was about 1K passive heal outside of Shroud. This spec offers a massive sustain over time function and allows multiple ways to approach it. It's not clear how heal power affects the heal on Dark Disciple.

you have it right, healing power has no effect on dark disciple. only the +15% from soul reaping and increasing vitality affects how much it heals