Can you use your existing heart of thrones characters in path of fire?

Zekerus.5378

You can use the same character/s for everything in the game. That's what Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire are expansions and not stand-alone games.

The only sort-of exception is the level 10, 20 and 30 story choices, which are determined by your race and the choices you make during character creation. If you want to play through the other storylines you'll need a separate character, but there's no need to do so (unless you're interested in the stories) there's no unique achievements or items or anything.

Yes, but PoF characters are more powerful because they need to sell PoF now. In the top secret "Ask Me Anything" Reddit conversation, they said that they intend to nerf PoF characters at some point:

Will the DPS be pushed up from the older classes to be more in-line with the newer ones or will the newer ones be pushed downwards to be in-line with HoT classes – We’re going to try to bring them together bit more, but we don’t want them to be the same.Source: http://dulfy.net/2017/10/06/gw2-path-of-fire-reddit-developer-ama-summary/

@Zekerus.5378 said:I tried searching, but nothing came up, so if this has been asked before, could someone please link me to the appropriate thread.

Are you able to use existing characters from Heart Of Thrones in Path of Fire or do you need to start all over?

No, you need to delete all your characters and buy a new account.

(Of course you can use them) ;)

@Menadena.7482 said:

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:Just make sure when buying Path of Fire to NOT buy a new account. Just add PoF to your existing account. That way you can use all your existing characters in PoF.

Which it seems to do by by default. If it created 2 accounts for you contact support.

It only upgrades an account automatically, if purchased in-game. Otherwise, one must apply the Serial Key either to an existing account, or create a new account with the Key.

@Zekerus.5378 said:I tried searching, but nothing came up, so if this has been asked before, could someone please link me to the appropriate thread.

Are you able to use existing characters from Heart Of Thrones in Path of Fire or do you need to start all over?

Yea use your chars any where you like, progression is not blocked. I mean you could just own pof no probs there, buy hot later no probs there either. Nor vice versus.

Archived