invulnerable walls vs ewp in ebg keep

bakingnut.1329

Invul is probably better and yes because spawn is close, but there's a lot of lazy people who won't come defend something without taking ewp. Also if your ebg is queue'd often you probably want invul anyways, as ewp also helps pull people quickly from other maps, which doesn't help if you're queued. But then a troll will come by and pull it before an attack so really it doesn't matter. :)

Depends on the play style of the server. Some servers always have an EB presence, with minimal coverage for borderlands (except during prime hours). So, it makes sense to have invulnerable for structures on maps you always have players. So, borderland keeps tend to have EWP so people from EB can get to it in time. Whereas the keep in EB will have invulnerable since people can just run from spawn or a tower.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Also if your ebg is queue'd often you probably want invul anyways, as ewp also helps pull people quickly from other maps, which doesn't help if you're queued.I dont know, 90% of people on EB seems to think that teamchat will come to the rescue when it's 50+ queue.

I mean it cant all be stupidity, there must be a proven reason behind it?

I'd say only EWPs for Borderlands, not for EBG. Plus, EWPs fail often for people with slower computers, because if you take too long to load it sends you back to the start of the map instead of the objective.

And they're good for "free pizza delivery" bag farming, which is always fun.

The only reason people use EWPs at all is because otherwise no one will go to Bay or Hills (or anything on DBL).

With mounts EWP for EB keep makes no sense.

For the rest, it really depends on how much you trust your server mates. (For me, this is like none. I basically never take EWPs if I don't know the person, and often times I also don't take it if I do because it's probably worse.). The reason for that is you're reliant on someone pulling the EWP properly and not creating a hot mess where everyone that takes it donates bags. Or they pull it when outer's not even been breached while any moron can stall an attack a bit by doing invul. I would probably put it on Bay anyways, but Hills is much more of a tossup, since it's pretty much a death trap if they break into inner.

On DBL, EWP makes more sense, since you have to travel further and also with so many walls in it, you may not have time to catch people before they break the walls down. Many will just flat out refuse to defend DBL so... might as well make it easier for them.