Brightness too high on portraits in character selection screen

Jokuc.3478

@mezuzel.4987 said:I had figured it was related to having the Reshade addon

I am using ReShade and not experiencing any such issue. I have in-game bloom (caused by post-processing) deactivated via ReShade.

Besides, they wrote that they did not use any graphics altering software.

@Jokuc.3478 said:Sometimes I have this bug in the character selection screen where all my (human) characters are pale in the portrait pictures because the brightness is somehow super high.

This is map-dependent. Try park your characters some place else (e.g., Divinity's Reach) and see if it still persists.

• 2 months later...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:This is map-dependent. Try park your characters some place else (e.g., Divinity's Reach) and see if it still persists.It is not. When it happens it happens for
all
my characters

Yes, I was wrong: it depends on day and night time (Tyrian time).

This is not the case. For me this bug usually happens when I log out to the char selection screen, never when starting the game up. Doesn't matter if it's day or night ingame. Logging back onto a character and then going to the char selection screen again occasionally fixes it, then it breaks again the next time I go to the char select screen. It's fairly easy to reproduce.

This is a bug, plain and simple. For some reason the game dials up the brightness/reduces the contrast setting for the character portraits from time to time. It's not a huge issue, but it's most definitely not working as intended.

@Wylf.2586 said:For me this bug usually happens when I log out to the char selection screen, never when starting the game up. Doesn't matter if it's day or night ingame.

Okay, that's weird then and definitely needs to be fixed, because the bright light isn't pretty. Then again, the CSS is ugly in general since PoF, so I try not to spend much time on it. ;)

• 2 years later...