Suggestions to the Balance Team towards the PVE - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Suggestions to the Balance Team towards the PVE

13>

Comments

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Walhalla.5473 said:

    @Joxer.6024 said:
    I actually don't mind the current "meta" where you take the needed support roles and then 4 dps. That's plenty really. No different from WOW really in that you had 1/2 tanks, healers and then some cc filled in by dps.
    Would just be nice if the 4 dps slots could become more open for other classes, that's all I would like. You cant get away from the other as its needed really.

    So 6 slots being reserved to 3 classes is ok? There are quite a few DPS builds that are meta but they have to compete for 4 slots while you have double chrono, double, druid and double ps warrior who are always in the 6 support slots.

    You are under the impression that there will ever be more than 4 dps in 10 man raids.

    No matter how arenanet decide to balance the game, chances of more than 4 (maximum 5) dps spots at best is never going to happen. Raid composition is strictly balanced via support and utility requirements and est gets filled up by dps spots.

    Not to mention that having suddenly 6 or even 7 dps spots would trivialise content to the extrem. Very very doubtful that arenanet is going to go that way.

  • @Cyninja.2954 said:
    You are under the impression that there will ever be more than 4 dps in 10 man raids.

    No matter how arenanet decide to balance the game, chances of more than 4 (maximum 5) dps spots at best is never going to happen. Raid composition is strictly balanced via support and utility requirements and est gets filled up by dps spots.

    Not to mention that having suddenly 6 or even 7 dps spots would trivialise content to the extrem. Very very doubtful that arenanet is going to go that way.

    I don't think the role distribution is the point here. I think the point is that the non-dps roles are taken by only a few classes. 4 dps and 6 non-dps is totally ok if both roles can be filled by most classes (i mean even for the meta fanatics).

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Miellyn.6847 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Joxer.6024 said:
    I actually don't mind the current "meta" where you take the needed support roles and then 4 dps. That's plenty really. No different from WOW really in that you had 1/2 tanks, healers and then some cc filled in by dps.
    Would just be nice if the 4 dps slots could become more open for other classes, that's all I would like. You cant get away from the other as its needed really.

    Mythic raid size is 20 man. 2 tanks, 3 healers. 5 people out of 20 are a support role. Not half.

    But when raids were divided between 25 and 10 man you had 2 tanks and 2-3 healer for 10man raiding. More 3 than 2. Thats 50% for the same size.
    Bigger groups tend to have less support than smaller groups. Really bad comparison.

    10 mans are not a thing anymore. The raids are designed for and balanced around the 20 man mythic format, the developers have said as much since it gives them more room to design around a diversity of classes and their unique tools/healing styles.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2017

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Miellyn.6847 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Joxer.6024 said:
    I actually don't mind the current "meta" where you take the needed support roles and then 4 dps. That's plenty really. No different from WOW really in that you had 1/2 tanks, healers and then some cc filled in by dps.
    Would just be nice if the 4 dps slots could become more open for other classes, that's all I would like. You cant get away from the other as its needed really.

    Mythic raid size is 20 man. 2 tanks, 3 healers. 5 people out of 20 are a support role. Not half.

    But when raids were divided between 25 and 10 man you had 2 tanks and 2-3 healer for 10man raiding. More 3 than 2. Thats 50% for the same size.
    Bigger groups tend to have less support than smaller groups. Really bad comparison.

    10 mans are not a thing anymore. The raids are designed for and balanced around the 20 man mythic format, the developers have said as much since it gives them more room to design around a diversity of classes and their unique tools/healing styles.

    Which doesn't invalidate his argument, which basically boils down to: the smaller the raid size, the bigger the chunk of players running tank and support builds.

    His comparison is closer to what we have in GW2 (raid size of 10 people) than your "WoW has more dps classes in their 20 man raids" argument.

    Simply put: even though raid size in WoW was changed, back when it was identical to GW2 raid size, the composition of damage dealers to support was similar.

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    About wow. Survival hunter says hi.

  • @Cyninja.2954 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Miellyn.6847 said:

    @Zenith.7301 said:

    @Joxer.6024 said:
    I actually don't mind the current "meta" where you take the needed support roles and then 4 dps. That's plenty really. No different from WOW really in that you had 1/2 tanks, healers and then some cc filled in by dps.
    Would just be nice if the 4 dps slots could become more open for other classes, that's all I would like. You cant get away from the other as its needed really.

    Mythic raid size is 20 man. 2 tanks, 3 healers. 5 people out of 20 are a support role. Not half.

    But when raids were divided between 25 and 10 man you had 2 tanks and 2-3 healer for 10man raiding. More 3 than 2. Thats 50% for the same size.
    Bigger groups tend to have less support than smaller groups. Really bad comparison.

    10 mans are not a thing anymore. The raids are designed for and balanced around the 20 man mythic format, the developers have said as much since it gives them more room to design around a diversity of classes and their unique tools/healing styles.

    Which doesn't invalidate his argument, which basically boils down to: the smaller the raid size, the bigger the chunk of players running tank and support builds.

    His comparison is closer to what we have in GW2 (raid size of 10 people) than your "WoW has more dps classes in their 20 man raids" argument.

    Simply put: even though raid size in WoW was changed, back when it was identical to GW2 raid size, the composition of damage dealers to support was similar.

    This is true. Now that GotL affects 10 players, if we ever got 20 man raids, the optimal setup would probably run still run two Druids with two DPS Soulbeasts in the the other two subsquads for spirits, with maybe just two healers in the greediest comps and two PS Warrior builds as baseline for the banners, the other two might stacking slots could probably be taken by another class like the Support Renegade. Only the Chronos would still be mandatory in every squad because Alacrity can't be applied to ten people. This would leave 10 DPS slots in a greedy comp, two which are locked to Rangers while spirits only affect 5 people.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2017

    Please stop asking to remove unique buffs and making every class bring the same thing. Unique buffs are fun and make this game feel like an RPG.

    Other MMO's have gone down this direction and it's made them really, really boring.

    Please stop asking for this to be a "traditional basic trinity mmo", there's like 100 mmo's like that RIGHT now you can go play if you want that.

    Anet, please, do not listen to these people. Make the game YOU want to make, not the game the vocal minority is asking you to make.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.