Invulnerable warrior

Yesterday in Tangled Depths, I waited for some help to do one of the hero challenges, and a while later a warrior flew in and went right to it to start it, so I jumped in as well. The warrior stood in front of this Champion for the entire fight taking everything the Champ could throw at him, and every time I hovered my mouse over the guy he was at full health.When I try to do stuff like that with my warrior, I get killed in like 5 seconds, so what is he doing to be invulnerable? My warrior has almost full yassith armor, but I haven't added agony inscription to any of the pieces yet, and need to add the second piece as well, but still, even with those, is the guy really invulnerable?There was another fight I watched the other day in Auric Basin, where a character pulled the Champion Vinetooth, stood against the back wall, and killed it solo. How is this even possible?

Defense trait line, spellbreaker elite and utility skills like defy pain. Add a shield and you can get absurd amount of invul, blocks. You can get away with full zerk gear, no need for vitality toughness. Your base hp is one of the highest anyway.And thats just the icing on the cake. There are healing variants and plenty of condi cleanse if you need it.But this traits have better synergy with power gear. You are probably a berserker with that viper gear which can get quite squishy.

@"MotorBiker.3745" said:Yesterday in Tangled Depths, I waited for some help to do one of the hero challenges, and a while later a warrior flew in and went right to it to start it, so I jumped in as well. The warrior stood in front of this Champion for the entire fight taking everything the Champ could throw at him, and every time I hovered my mouse over the guy he was at full health.When I try to do stuff like that with my warrior, I get killed in like 5 seconds, so what is he doing to be invulnerable? My warrior has almost full yassith armor, but I haven't added agony inscription to any of the pieces yet, and need to add the second piece as well, but still, even with those, is the guy really invulnerable?There was another fight I watched the other day in Auric Basin, where a character pulled the Champion Vinetooth, stood against the back wall, and killed it solo. How is this even possible?

All classes have the ability to dodge along with a variety of active defense skills. It comes down to timing them properly. Many inexperienced players have a bad habit of keeping their eyes on their skill bar. In the process, they miss telegraphs and take damage they could have avoided. This then cascades into panic dodging and burning through defensive cooldowns to stay alive, at which point you quickly run out of options.

I don't play warrior, but take a look at this video of an HoT boss solo. The boss is quite slow and has obvious telegraphs, but it hits like a truck when these attacks land. You can see I'm evading most of the damage with dodges, but there are a few defense cooldowns worked in such as invuln. Also, I use CC when the breakbar is available to stun the boss for a few seconds. This buys time for me to DPS while also allowing my dodges and cooldowns to refresh without having to burn any on defense.

With practice, what looks impossible on paper (OMG! This guy can kill me in 3 seconds!) can become pretty trivial.

Tip: On that vinetooth boss you mentioned, its attacks are directional and it doesn't move to follow you once the animation begins. You can easily circle strafe at close range and avoid most of its damage! Try it out for yourself and practice keeping an eye on the boss to know when to dodge around to the side of it!

it is not really standard to play an extremly bulky warrior set in pve i think, but there is a ton of options. even the Wvw-set with hammer + sword+warhorn is probably able to facetank that kinda mobs for some time, and only wear cleric armor. if u now have one maybe not using hammer but instead shield + `? and going full minstrels, i see it as absolutely chill to facetank a mob for an eternity. especially spellbreaker with the f2 protection.

Lord Hizen's builds are fantastic for open world. Metabattle has what looks like a very similar build up. The endurance and health regen on these builds are excellent so you should be able to sustain very well while staying on offense and evading most of the big hits.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Strength_Fighter