Lunatic Inquisition!

Kiza.5630

Finally got a chance to play it over the weekends. It's so much fun it's freaky! Thank you so much for bringing it back after all the years! <3

And also, thank you for not adding any achievements or rewards to it. So it's only played by people who go there for fun. Herding villagers into dead ends to "convert" them, getting smashed and kicked off the platform by villagers with hammers, angry mobs of villagers with torches, hammers and rifles hunting the lunatic... until the "epic battle" turns around quickly and the lunatics chase the mob.

Only one request: this map seriously needs one more weapon for the villagers. A pitchfork! With the Peasant's Solution there is one already in the game. With that we could actually have mobs with torches and pitchforks!

There are still a few questionable "tactics" I've seen. But if the courtiers are bad apples you can "switch" (jump to your death) and get the terror going and it seems you can fear villagers off the cliffs or off objects to take your revenge. Plus rounds are only 6 minutes anyway. So, hope to see you in the evenings (EU) one day before it's over! And it's totally ok to smash me with the hammer. A few I've met seemed to take it personally though. :p

I feel like the game sometimes starts with rather poor balancing that can often give Villagers an extreme advantage to just camp the spawn and literally prevent the one person from getting any kills to even remotely stand a chance at getting anyone on their side.It is especially worse when you have input lag due to the fact you live in another country and neither of the server options are remotely close to you.

I don't think I have ever seen a courtier win, whether I was on the team or against it.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:I feel like the game sometimes starts with rather poor balancing that can often give Villagers an extreme advantage to just camp the spawn and literally prevent the one person from getting any kills to even remotely stand a chance at getting anyone on their side.It is especially worse when you have input lag due to the fact you live in another country and neither of the server options are remotely close to you.

I don't think I have ever seen a courtier win, whether I was on the team or against it.

I don't find this an issue really. The courtiers respawn at the point they die and the villagers don't regenerate health unless they stacked food. If you spam #1 or #2 someone's bound to die eventually and the balance starts to shift rapidly with 2 lunatics on the hunt. Also they will run out of weapons to throw at one point.

Personally I find it hilarious when I'm against an angry mob of torch, bone and hammer wielding peasants :D

Was so glad this game mode came back, I've missed it so much. Every so often I'll kill myself at the start to be a ghost since it seems a lot of ppl aren't to familiar with it yet and I have more fun that way anyways. Have had ppl get mad at me for that though, even when we had an ago ghost. ;w;"

@Moonlit.6421 said:Was so glad this game mode came back, I've missed it so much. Every so often I'll kill myself at the start to be a ghost since it seems a lot of ppl aren't to familiar with it yet and I have more fun that way anyways. Have had ppl get mad at me for that though, even when we had an ago ghost. ;w;"

Sometimes it's the only way to get a match going. I also do this if the poor soul in the tower seems to be lost... before the angry village mob gets them. :) There also seems to be a bug with ppl getting stuck on top of the tower as the lunatics when the match starts. So someone more or less has to sacrifice themselves to have a match at all.

Archived