Is there a way to beat Condi Chrono in WvW?

Aomine.5012

Met a condition Chrono in WvW (wearing legendary wvw backpack so I assume he's quite experienced.)Tackled him 4 times, with different set up, cleanse, whatever, as Deadeye.No matter how I tackle him, how I encounter him, I couldn't kill him, and he always manage to wear me down with range condi spam and clone spam.

I'm assuming he's wearing full Trailblazer.His weapon set is Staff / Scepter+ shield

So is there any particular class that can counter that build? Or are they the king of 1 v 1 in WvW in general?Burst is a no go since he's so tanky and with reflect, block, invulnerable, and often hide behind clones.

Unlike certain cancer spammers, the condi mesmer rely primarily on a few but high stacks. As long as you have decent cleansing, their condis shouldnt be problem. Avoiding the bursts is of course important too (f2 shatter, scepter etc), as well as that shield stun.

A thief should have zero issues getting in fast and start pummeling the mesmer. When under pressure they have nowhere near the retaliatory bite of power shatter. Well unless you are playing the even more boring and shitty condi trap thief and cant get in fast or have the dps of a limp noodle.

Also it could of course just be a matter of skill difference. It matters alot and dps vs tank take it to extremes.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Unlike certain cancer spammers, the condi mesmer rely primarily on a few but high stacks. As long as you have decent cleansing, their condis shouldnt be problem. Avoiding the bursts is of course important too (f2 shatter, scepter etc), as well as that shield stun.

A thief should have zero issues getting in fast and start pummeling the mesmer. When under pressure they have nowhere near the retaliatory bite of power shatter. Well unless you are playing the even more boring and kitten condi trap thief and cant get in fast or have the dps of a limp noodle.

Also it could of course just be a matter of skill difference. It matters alot and dps vs tank take it to extremes.

I generally have little issue with power Mesmer because they're generally alot less bulky and doesn't nearly has enough pressure other than the initial burst, so I can go stealth and reset my position and then spike him down.

Condi Chorno, on the other hand, is a different story. They're just unkillable, and no amount of cleanse is enough to deal with that pressure while they tank you forever.

PS: dodging the shatter does nothing cuz he's still spamming so many confusion and torment indefinitely.

@Aomine.5012 said:Condi Chorno, on the other hand, is a different story. They're just unkillable, and no amount of cleanse is enough to deal with that pressure while they tank you forever.

PS: dodging the shatter does nothing cuz he's still spamming so many confusion and torment indefinitely.

Well, glad we cleared that up for you then! Guess your only option is just to run away.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Aomine.5012 said:Condi Chorno, on the other hand, is a different story. They're just unkillable, and no amount of cleanse is enough to deal with that pressure while they tank you forever.

Well, glad we cleared that up for you then! Guess your only option is just to run away.

thief mindset : if i can't oneshot mesmer , that build must be broken . and unkillable .even i stealth and reset fight .

@Aomine.5012 said:Tackled him 4 times, with different set up, cleanse, whatever, as Deadeye.

Condi mesmer (both chrono and mirage) are very strong 1v1 classes. Deadeye is not.

@Zlater.6789 said:Well you're making a mistake to begin with, you're playing Deadeye. Deadeye has no favourable matchups aside for necromancer. Your 1v1s are won simply because of superior skill.

This.

Condition chrono is much stronger in WvW than in PvP due to high toughness/condition damage and no need to invest in healing power for sustain.

The only really good counter is spellbreaker which has perma resistance. Chrono can bring disenchanter though to make it close to a fair fight.

Other Warrior/Guardian builds in general do pretty good against condition chrono due to quick cleave on clones and good condition cleanse options. But none of those really counters chrono. It is still mostly a skill dependent matchup.

For thief, staff bound spammer is the best build against chrono due to AOE clone cleaves.

Archived