Not sure what class for WvW

Scourge.1563

As stated above I'm trying to figure out which class in PoF would be best in WvW Zerg fights and solo. I have it down to 3 ..... holo smith, spell breaker, deadeye. I know PoF is not out yet but a culimative effert from what others have put together would be great. I would just like to be beneficial to the Zerg but also be about to hold my own roaming. Ty ahead of time

Scourge necro (PoF) - barrier , boon corruptSpellbreaker warrior (PoF) - boon strip / CC

core guardian - mace+shield blocks , Save Yourselves/Purging FlamesTempest ele (HoT) - auras are not boons , overloads double as stun break ... I just don't see weaver being a staple unless its barriers or dual attacks are massively buffedHerald rev (HoT) / normal rev - resistance / cleansing / AoE stunbreak (Herald) ... Renegade may work for condi spec
Scrapper engi (HoT) - less reliant on boons due to bunker downChrono mesmer (HoT) - alacrity is not a boon , gravity well , veil/null fields

Daredevil (HoT) - gank party / pick team ... deadeye perhaps could work but is nicheDruid (HoT) - healer, maybe

Holosmith(Engi PoF), Firebrand (Guardian PoF) are iffy if you take the new weapons.Weaver (Ele PoF), Deadeye (Thief PoF), Mirage (Mesmer PoF) all have their issues

Not sure on Soulbeast (there's so many pets), the utilities aren't spectacular though maybe Leader of the Pack stance share (for Dolyak stance , Bear stance, One wolf pack) could be a thing

My only experience was the first day elite specs were allowed in WvW but I noticed both Scourge and Spellbreaker to be of destructive dominance purely due to the barrier spam and Spellbreaker's boonstrip + CC capabilities.

I'll definitely be giving Spellbreaker a shot and would love to see hammer viable again in general (hammerstunnnnnn!).

I have a good Holosmith build in mind for WvW zerging, but it will be all damage and not much group support. There is a support variation of it though I'm working on. Engineer is general is a really good roamer. This is the damage version for Holo in WvW zerg, I roam with this too (as Scrapper though but it works for Holo as well when I did it on the weekend). You could be more supportive by dropping Explosives and taking Alchemy and Elixir Gun for the short CD cleansing on allies and it would be more defensive as well. Also if you don't want to run Prime Light Beam elite you can run Mortar Kit and in certain scenarios deal damage to siege up on walls. PLB is a good option though for its unblockable high damage and can be used on downed players to knock them into/out of an area for easy stomps or to stop them from being ressed.

As for Spellbreaker it will most likely use GS/Hammer power build with some of the new skills (especially winds of disenchantment) and that works out to be good offensive support so to say by removing a lot of boons. I haven't really mocked up a build yet for this though. Here'sa quick mockup of a build I did for WvW zerg. It generates a lot of might and the Might Makes Right trait will be good for sustain. GS and Hammer are both good because neither of the weapons lose damage on their bursts since only level 1 bursts are available. Removes lots of boons as well.

As for Deadeye I don't think they will have a good spot in the zerg besides being part of the pick team.

@Odokuro.5049 said:I'm rolling with Spellbreaker come PoF time, the abundance of Boon removal/denial, along with strong CC, is going to make players/classes that are reliant on boons/mobility in fights crap their pants.

I'm going for a Lockdown style build, with a few sources of resistance.

From my experience as an anti-boon Necro I think you and a lot of other Spellbreaker players will find the boon removal and boon corruption are inferior to boon apply in a ZvZ encounter, unless you wish to pin snipe.

Archived