Did they mixed Druid and Soulbeast utilities up?

InsaneQR.7412

The question is simple: Did they mixed up the glyphs and the stances. Or rather should the have been on the other E-spec?

Lets see: Glyphs have different effects depending on which "attunement" your in.So druid has glyphs that have different effects in a mode that is resource gated, and thus rarely used. Soulbeast has a short CD permamode that could have some great use out of glyphs.Soulbeast has stances that improve certain abbilities of the ranger and the have a trait to share these stances with allies. Something a druid could have used for buffing.

This is not a skill proposal or anything like that, its just an observation and i wonder what other people say about it.

I think that the idea for the Glyphs chaging while in Avatar was awesome and would have been great for an offensive Soulbeast kind of spec, would make sense as well seeing as how you would lose your pet. However, would that have led them to being lazy and ignoring how none of the other abilities really work in Soulbeast mode? Most likely which is a shame.

the stances themselves are fine in that they dont really require you to be merged or unmerged to actually work. The issue is the other skills, weapon abilities and traits that have more limited functions while inside beastmode.

Glyphs make sense for druid in theory, in practice turning your utility skills into aoe heals when you activate a mode that turns all your weapon skills into aoe heals and then adding a trait that means you never want to heal with anything but the avatar skills is stupid but everything about Druid is stupid anyway.

@Levetty.1279 said:Glyphs make sense for druid in theory, in practice turning your utility skills into aoe heals when you activate a mode that turns all your weapon skills into aoe heals and then adding a trait that means you never want to heal with anything but the avatar skills is stupid but everything about Druid is stupid anyway.

Well the overheal mode is actually pretty nice as an oh kitten button and nice CC, but i never ever used signets in CAF except of equality when i got CCed while healing.

@Lome.8239 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:The question is simple: Did they mixed up the glyphs and the stances. Or rather should the have been on the other E-spec?

No and no. Glyphs are kinda perfect for Druid.

This is not a skill discussion on the normal level, its more on a hypothetical level and a what if question.Thematically i have to agree that glyphs fit very well with druid, but they would also fit with soulbeast IMO.Druid on stances would be depending on the stances. Maybe they would have been sun, moon star, celestial stance etc etc.

When it first got out that Druids were getting Glyphs, I was quite sure their mechanic would be a shapeshifting/merging sort of function. It's definitely true, Glyphs sound very fitting for Soulbeast. I'm not so sure about Stances fitting Druid, though, except with the Grandmaster for sharing them. Even then, it's only really fitting in terms of the end result; hearing all the other aspects of Druid definitely wouldn't make me think of Stance skills first thing, or even fifth thing.

Archived