how to unlock mount ?

Start the Path of Fire expansion; the first story mission will give you the raptor mount. From there, you have access to the other Path of Fire maps for the springer, skimmer, and jackal mounts, which you gain by leveling up mastery points (earned in the region) and completing renown hearts. There's also a hidden mount that's only accessible through collections after you've completed the Path of Fire story.

For the rollerbeetle, warclaw, and skyscale mounts....I'm not really sure what you need to do to obtain those, so hopefully someone much more knowledgeable than myself can give you an answer! :)

@Batel.9206 said:Start the Path of Fire expansion; the first story mission will give you the raptor mount. From there, you have access to the other Path of Fire maps for the springer, skimmer, and jackal mounts, which you gain by leveling up mastery points (earned in the region) and completing renown hearts. There's also a hidden mount that's only accessible through collections after you've completed the Path of Fire story.

For the rollerbeetle, warclaw, and skyscale mounts....I'm not really sure what you need to do to obtain those, so hopefully someone much more knowledgeable than myself can give you an answer! :)

• Warclaw requires Path of Fire on your account and using WvW ability points to rank up in the Warclaw ability track. It should be the first skill you unlock in that track
  • Rollerbeetle requires access to Living World Season 4 and especially episode 3 where you unlock the collections for getting it from the story mode
  • Skyscale requires access to all of Living World Season 4 and is started after you finish the story mode of Ep6. It's a long, but soloable series of things to complete and grind across all episodes

As said above, all mounts require Path of Fire on the account. The first mount (raptor) requires doing the first story (must be level 80). Only the WvW Warclaw requires no pve content

Mounts when obtained have skills awarded via the mastery track system. If the OP needs info on that, the Wiki is the best place to explain it

• Like 1

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Raptor can technically be obtained under level 80 if you’re carried as there is no level restriction. I believe you can unlock it without completing the mission entirely.

Apparently, you do have to participate in the "save the village" portion (no further details due to spoilers), but that is a non-combat activity so safe for low-level characters. At least my brother, who was playing a level 80, did not get the raptor unlocked and I assume because the rest of us finished that stuff off too quickly and he didn't get enough participation.

@DeanBB.4268 said:

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:Raptor can technically be obtained under level 80 if you’re carried as there is no level restriction. I believe you can unlock it without completing the mission entirely.

Apparently, you do have to participate in the "save the village" portion (no further details due to spoilers), but that is a non-combat activity so safe for low-level characters. At least my brother, who was playing a level 80, did not get the raptor unlocked and I assume because the rest of us finished that stuff off too quickly and he didn't get enough participation.

The issue low level players will face, and why they’d need to be carried, is that there is some required fighting before that part. I’m not entirely sure how participation works in a group setting as I did it solo and it functioned like the heart.

The key is that you have to talk to the heart vendor and buy the saddle before leaving the village - in the story instance, it basically completes for the whole party at the same time. I've run this for a couple of people now and the one time someone didn't buy the saddle is the only time they didn't get it. I just took them back to through the instance for them to grab it.