Stability Corruptible

Lionwait.4815

Yes, its the way you kill people. They should adjust the amount of boon corrupt/application to reasonable levels though. Theres no reason for every class to be able to put 6 different boons on 5 allies and then have reaper/scourge corrupting 8 in AoE in ½ sec timeframe.

Cant edit my earlier post, most likely because poll system. But the boonrip countering has gone so far that it makes classes like holosmith, scrapper, power mesmer, thief, druid etc that dont share boons useless outside some kind of smallscale comps. What are you going to do as scrapper or thief against target with perma protection/aegis? Answer is: Nothing. The fight is over in 15 seconds most of the time due to the boonrip bombs. Thats why boons should have reasonable uptime with like reducing all protection duration By 50% replacing protection on dura runes with retaliation or something. Same should be done with multiple other boons like fury and aegis.

This would bring up playstyle where classes that get completely rekt by certain boons have more timeframes to jump on enemies and destroy them. And applying protection when being bombed actually requiring timing instead of it being permanent.

Of course they would have to nerf boonrip also but I think thats reasonable way to go with the game at the moment.

@Threather.9354 said:Cant edit my earlier post, most likely because poll system. But the boonrip countering has gone so far that it makes classes like holosmith, scrapper, power mesmer, thief, druid etc that dont share boons useless outside some kind of smallscale comps. What are you going to do as scrapper or thief against target with perma protection/aegis? Answer is: Nothing. The fight is over in 15 seconds most of the time due to the boonrip bombs. Thats why boons should have reasonable uptime with like reducing all protection duration By 50% replacing protection on dura runes with retaliation or something. Same should be done with multiple other boons like fury and aegis.

This would bring up playstyle where classes that get completely rekt by certain boons have more timeframes to jump on enemies and destroy them. And applying protection when being bombed actually requiring timing instead of it being permanent.

Of course they would have to nerf boonrip also but I think thats reasonable way to go with the game at the moment.

MARBLES! Get your marbles! Selling at a low price!

@Threather.9354 said:Yes, its the way you kill people. They should adjust the amount of boon corrupt/application to reasonable levels though. Theres no reason for every class to be able to put 6 different boons on 5 allies and then have reaper/scourge corrupting 8 in AoE in ½ sec timeframe.

I agree with part of this, I've seen how brutal boon share can be it can be on both sides of the issue. It takes the challenge out of a fight, however some classes use stability as the main trick in their toolbox. Take that and they really have little left.

In vanilla, there was no realistic chance of stripping stability since the number of boon strips just wasn't enough, but at the same time access to stability was low enough that you couldn't get excessively high uptime on it without making unreasonable sacrifices in your comp. Couple this with the fact that you couldn't gain immunity to immobilise due to resistance not existing and it made stability perfectly fair.

Why not, it's a boon like any other. What makes it any different apart from the fact it's useful? Other boons are also useful. I see no reason why it should be an exception. It's a boon = if other boons can be corrupted, this one should be as well. At least it'll make you revise your tactics instead of just mindlessly jumping into any situation thinking "oh I have stab, I can". No, you cannot.

The real problem here is that Anet ordered boon flipping at the same time as making Scourge have ridiculously OP boon flip burst.Every time a Scourge pops their F2, they're guaranteed to grab whatever stab and resistance you have on you - each time. If you want to get back to a nicer balance, they need to reverse this decision and go back to randomized boon stripping/flipping.

some adjustment to the current corrput heavy gameplay would be nice. when there is just one scourge in a group of 5 vs another group of 5... stability is completely useless?even if we assume only 1 stacks gets corrupted - >another stack gets killed because it triggers on fear.but something like only corrupting 1 stack of stab at a time could help with maintaining atleast a little bit of stab (speaking of wvw and only for some skills with more than one stack of stab) instead of stability killing you 90% of the time.

@Weli.4568 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:If we are talking 'corrupting' one stack of stability at a time, then 4 stacks of stability could lead to 4 separate conditions?

More like 4 stacks of the same condition but yes

Agreed, (and meant to say same condi. ).

Do people think this is OK?

I honestly am not sure how to think. I have mained necro for a number of years, but haven't played scourge. (Been dying on weaver)

I have other alternative. Make resistance incorruptible in WVW, and when you have resistance your boons cannot be corrupted/ripped. It would solve both problems, people that are good would run tight parties with stab and resistance rotations, and it would also solve the condi plague at the same time.

@Miyafuji.1340 said:I have other alternative. Make resistance incorruptible in WVW, and when you have resistance your boons cannot be corrupted/ripped. It would solve both problems, people that are good would run tight parties with stab and resistance rotations, and it would also solve the condi plague at the same time.

Maybe if the duration of resistance was dropped, or its ability to be shared was decreased.

Some have said scourge was designed to counter the boon share. Taking that away, or effectively neutering it would turn Scourge into primarily a roaming only class.

@Inoki.6048 said:Why not, it's a boon like any other. What makes it any different apart from the fact it's useful? Other boons are also useful. I see no reason why it should be an exception. It's a boon = if other boons can be corrupted, this one should be as well. At least it'll make you revise your tactics instead of just mindlessly jumping into any situation thinking "oh I have stab, I can". No, you cannot.

Key word here is useful. The problem that every one that has sense is trying to point out is how useless stability is now.

Archived